What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Sites you wish you built

I am not much into looks but I get awed by activity and content. In this respect, there's one site which I look up to as a model. This is WebHostingTalk. It's a very active forum. At any one time, there are thousands of members online. And many are very active, too.

I am not much into looks but I get awed by activity and content. In this respect, there's one site which I look up to as a model. This is WebHostingTalk. It's a very active forum. At any one time, there are thousands of members online. And many are very active, too.

I have to agree on this one. For me it is more about the activity and content factors. Making a site that people not only want to come and visit but they want to stay and then come back to on a regular basis. Although I do have to say that some websites turn me off quickly. Those are the ones where the colors are totally over the top and the site is hard to navigate. Also when graphics load too slow, I move away quick. A little unfair I know but who has time to wait? If I wont wait neither will the average visitor.

I have to agree on this one. For me it is more about the activity and content factors. Making a site that people not only want to come and visit but they want to stay and then come back to on a regular basis. Although I do have to say that some websites turn me off quickly. Those are the ones where the colors are totally over the top and the site is hard to navigate. Also when graphics load too slow, I move away quick. A little unfair I know but who has time to wait? If I wont wait neither will the average visitor.

There's one other site which intrigues me. It has what some unkind people calls one of the ugliest designs in cyber space. Yet it's a popular site. I am talking about Craiglist. Since I am all thumbs with design, I would love to be able to create a site with content like that.

is stupid but I liked to have created a social network, if we can call it so, called ask.fm. is basically a site nde people respond to questions, etc., the site has thousands of users!

I wish I had created Facebook.com. It is such a huge site, with such complex coding. If I had created facebook on my own I would be looked up to by all aspiring web developers!

I like all site designs nowadays, they all look nice and clean so I wouldn't say any one site has a design that stands out too far from the rest and therefore I wouldn't really pick one over the rest when it comes to this. However, some sites have a great premise behind them, and that's what I am most envious about when I check out sites. Mostly, I wish I'd thought up and created Kickstarter. Even if it's not the most profitable idea out there, it's still a very cool one and it helps a lot of people, so I mostly just end up being jealous that I didn't make that.

I wish I've built a website about cryptocurrency years from now. Because the cryptocurrencies are growing fast in the market these past few years.

Google or even Facebook. Google would have been an absolutely amazing site to have built especially when you consider how much it has diversified recently with so many products now being owned by Google and it not just being a search engine anymore. It would have been just out of this world to have developed Google especially when you consider how rich you could have been!

Facebook would have been another awesome site to have built. It would have allowed you to make so much money with it and I think I could have easily done better than Zuckerberg by not invading users' privacy lol.

My husband and I have several blogs and YouTube channels. At the same time, I would like to create a finance website. We have a blog about business and a website about the economy, but I would like to focus on finance tips as well.
I find this topic useful and want to share my knowledge of financial literacy. Many people are interested in this important question. I attended special finance courses and have plenty of material.
The only problem is the time - I am too busy to begin this project.

I think the YouTube. Their concepts is really great. They know that people always make a video for fun so they develop a website where they are able to upload their video for pubic viewing. Right now, even the music video. documentary and old movie are already in YouTube.

I always wished about owning YouTube. Their website looks good and I do believe that they earn a lot. How I wish I could also build a website like YouTube. However, the reality will always hit me because I am not a website developer and y real profession is a trillion miles different from web developing.

What are some really pretty looking sites you look at and think "man, I wish I had done that."
If I were given a chance at my past life I wish that I am the person who created Facebook and Youtube or even Google.com because in my own view these three is the most common and used by many of us.

My answer would be Facebook. Who does not like to be the one who build the most popular social media site? I wished I am the one who built that even I don't even know hoe to build a website. Facebook is one of the most useful social media site because you can contact your friends there for free, of course with internet connection. No doubt, Facebook is the most popular social media in the Earth.

I agree with Youtube. YouTube is the second largest search engine. Despite being owned by Google, YouTube can still be recognized as a separate social network all on its own as the premier place online to go to watch videos on every topic under the sun and upload your own as well.

I have seen so many platforms but the one which stands out for me to wish I could have had, it would be Twitch.

YouTube used to be my favourite but the moment I got into Twitch, I fell in love with it completely.

I wish I had created Facebook.com. It is such a huge site, with such complex coding. If I had created facebook on my own I would be looked up to by all aspiring web developers!
The owner of MySpace will always hate on Facebook because it's what killed off the website. TikTok is what I would have loved to be the one who is built it. It's something that's capable of killing off other social media sites.

Back