What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Hewge white space around embedded table in Google Sites - how to control it?

ulrichburke

Dear Anyone.

Not SURE if this is an HTML prob. or a CSS prob., if it's in the wrong forum tell me. First ever website, be gentle! Disabled guy creating a website to help other disableds find jobs. Using Google Sites (new, not classic!) for everything. Discovered I couldn't make a table in Google Sites editor, so I made one in Google Docs and embedded the HTML.

Then I wanted to put a picture directly under it. In design view (if I'm not using the right techie terms, be nice, first ever site!) it looks great. When I hit reality view/preview, there's a FOOT, I kid thee not, of white space between the bottom of the embedded table and the graphic. So - being a programmer of sorts - I looked through the code and changed BORDER amounts, got interesting results(!) but the hewge white space between bottom of table and graphic remained.

So I thought I'd put an intentional bit of space at the bottom of the table, thinking I could put the picture in the same blue-box-with-blobs-around-it (no idea what the techie name for that is but you know what I mean!) as the table. It KINDA worked, picture ended up in the right place but went gigantic, no idea why! Don't know if I could make it a link when it's in the same box as the table cos couldn't control its size.

So the question is - how do I get rid of the MASSIVE white space under the table - I'm not creating any code from scratch, dunno how to, just using Google Sites commands and embedding code - so I can have a picture JUST under the table, not a mile below it. I'd lurve it to be outside the table's blue-box-with-blobs so I can make a link outta it - I get the FEELING that if it's in the same box, you couldn't do that (correct me if I'm wrong.) and it goes gigantic anyway.

Please, any ideas on stopping the pic. from going gigantic or getting rid of the massive white space? (Or CONTROLLING the massive white space so I can make it the size I want - am I dealing with a default here I've not spotted?)

Yours hopefully

Chris. First-time website designer.

Back