What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Paid vs Free coding tutorials?

Hello, HTML Forums!

While searching for tutorials about HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and other programming languages, we will see Paid and Free courses on the internet. I personally haven't tried paid courses because most of them are expensive and some people are saying that you can look for the things they are teaching for free on the internet.

So to those of you who have tried both paid and free coding tutorials, what are the main differences between the two? Do you prefer paid or free tutorials?

Thanks!

I have tried both paid and free coding tutorials. I have purchased web development course in Udemy and it only costs $10. For me, it's worth it because the essential knowledge in web development is included. Yes, there are free coding tutorials you can find o the internet and sometimes better than the paid ones. But sometimes not all you need to learn can be found in free coding tutorials. For me as long as the price is not too expensive, it just okay to try paid tutorials.

I tried them both and the paid one's are worth it because i have some basic add-on's that comes with like an installer, a book and some opensource exercises. The free one's are helpful if you have gone thru actual exercises and basically next to a beginners level.

I have no experience with free tutorials, however, I have attended paid tutirials and these paid tutorials are really good. having said that I have also checked free tutorials and these tutorials also seem to be good. I have checked free tutorials on Alision which look as good as paid tutorials on udemy.

I also tryed both options. Free and paid.
I recommend free options. You can easily find anything via google search today. No need to pay for it.
Good place where you can learn php,html and css can be found at https://www.phpweb.org/

Hello, HTML Forums!

While searching for tutorials about HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and other programming languages, we will see Paid and Free courses on the internet. I personally haven't tried paid courses because most of them are expensive and some people are saying that you can look for the things they are teaching for free on the internet.

So to those of you who have tried both paid and free coding tutorials, what are the main differences between the two? Do you prefer paid or free tutorials?

Thanks!

You can learn the coding tutorials from W3schools, it is one of the best website that teaches you all types of coding tutorials.

Well, I have paid for a few Udemy courses and have always found that it's good to have that extra support there. The course tutors are often more than happy to help out over email.

Making use of free coding tutorials is a complete waste of your time because you will never get anything that is going to be worthwhile. There is a possibility that you might pick up a few things from does tutorial but it's never going to be enough for what you are looking for.

I don't usually have much interest in using free services for learning but whenever I see a free tutorial content that looks good, I do take and make use of it. Paid tutorials are always very good.

I use both paid and free.
You can't always get free coding tutorials but I have a few friends who helps me out with some tips and tutorials from Time to time.

If the training tools you're getting from free tutorials sources is good enough, I don't see any reason why you should look at getting a paid service for the same tutorials. I'm using Udemy paid services.

I'd say free ones are just as useful or maybe more useful these days. However, it can be hard to find free stuff sometimes. In that case, paying might be a way to get what you want easier.

Before I was willing to spend money on learning about coding and website development, I only used free coding tutorials which I would consider to be reasonably helpful. I later started making use of the paid one's.

I have no experience with free tutorials, however, I have attended paid tutirials and these paid tutorials are really good. having said that I have also checked free tutorials and these tutorials also seem to be good. I have checked free tutorials on Alision which look as good as paid tutorials on udemy.
Paid coding tutorials aren't even too expensive and to the best of my knowledge, the knowledge you get from such paid tutorials are far more better than what you get from free tutorials. There are good free coding tutorials out there. I have used some of them too.

Back