What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

How Fast Do You Type?

I don't know how fast I can type but other people said that I am pretty fast in typing. I don't know if it is true but I think I am just fast because I am always typing and using my computer.

the last time I have checked my typing capabilities I was only at 45 words per minute, I know that is too slow but it is the best I have got. I don't really use my typing skills in every work that I have been through, because most of the work that I have done are only computer aided design which doesn't really require typing skills.

Mine is 59 words per minute. I think improving my typing starts with focusing on touch typing and stopping the glances down at the keyboard. It also requires using the same keyboard to improve the fingers' muscle memory.

I just type 50 wpm and that's ok with me. I'm not a transcriber or something like that, I'm a blogger and I have my own blogsites, typing for me is not a real concern as having something worth of value to type. There are millions of professional typists out there but only a few worthy business site owners and I prefer being in the last one than the first.

I took a typing test online just to have an idea how really fast I am so, I got about 60 words per minute with 98% accuracy peeking briefly on the keyboard 😂. I think I type just right as an average person does. It's really not much of a concern to me if I'm not placing my fingers correctly, although some people do and I commend them for that. Typing comfortably fast really depends on the size of your fingers and type of keyboard you use whether it's laying flat or not.

Well, I am not a good typist. I am a two finger typist, I mean I use only two fingers to type. I use a notebook and notebook does not have a full-size keyboard. Thus, I use two fingers to type. Even though I type with only two fingers I have average typing skills. I can type 40 words per minute.

My typing speed varies per keyboard. If I always use the keyboard my top speed reach 60 words per second or 250 characters per second. When I am typing on laptop and using the laptop's keyboard, my top speed is usually only 30 seconds. I just can't stand the laptop's small keycaps. That is why I always bring an external keyboard.

I don't really know how fast I type but i can say that I am a bit faster than the average. Any suggestion for a site that test your typing skills?

My average is 55 to 60 words per minute, with 98% accuracy, both numeric and alpha, When I was in college I enrolled this summer course to become proficient in typing, but these gamers are able to type fast more than on my average by just keep playing games. LOL..

I haven't used any site to check my accurate typing speed. But in my estimate it would be around 50 to 60 word per minute.

I have never cared to know how fast I can type. I'm very sure that I can type fast but knowing exactly how fast isn't something that I bother about.

Back