What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What do you do to advertise your site?

Wrong

What are some of the things you've done (or do) to promote your site? Have they been worth doing?

I used social networks a lot, especially Facebook. I also looked for people in forums I was in and PMed them some invites. I couldn't pay for Facebook ads since I don't own a credit card, though. And there was obviously giving a lot of importance to unique content as for SEO.

I do a lot of talking about my sites. I talk about my sites on Facebook and Twitter. I talk about my sites on forums. Actually I don't mention my sites by names. What I actually do is talk about the things which form the content of my sites.

Mostly sharing with friends, sharing on social media websites, and placing links in signatures where I feel it isn't restricted.

If you've set it up properly and put all your keywords and metatags in, the search engines should pick it up. Have you emailed everyone you know about it and asked them to pass the address on? Have you done any conventional adverting,local paper, local shops, to get the ball rolling. Have you asked other sites if you can have a link from their site to yours.

Yes, it's always good to post on facebook, on twitter, but also you can use the signatures of forums and etc if you do not want to spend money! ;)

Yes, it's always good to post on facebook, on twitter, but also you can use the signatures of forums and etc if you do not want to spend money! ;)

I haven't tried Facebook advertising either although I have used Google Adwords, I found that although it got be a good number of clicks for a low cost - not many of the visitors ended up registering for my forums.

I just do blog commenting, networking on social sites, and comment on forums with an attached signature. I don't' know if I'd do something as bold as you have and actually PM people with my link. I don't want to come off as too forward, and it might not be welcome. But if it worked for you, then good. :)

Blog commenting, forum posting, Facebook, Twitter, guest blogging (every now and then), posting articles on rev-share sites...

Social networks, Facebook ads, you name it. I have recently pulled money out of ad words and twitter ads though. Twitter ads I might go back to later, but ad words is a crap program now.

At the moment, I have a Facebook fanpage with roughly about 500k Likes. With this much Likes, I am able to promote my website with ease. I also use twitter and any other social media's as for me, they work the best!

Well, I comment on dofollow blogs, post on forums and put my site as the source. I also put my link on signature area of some forums.

Social networks are not excluded, I share threads from my forum on Facebook and also tweets links of nice threads. Twitter works well for me as I tend to get visitors from there more than I get from Facebook. And I do word of mouth advertisements sometimes.

Sharing with you friends and social media are good source to advertise your site.Anyhow direct mailing and and placing links in signature are also a very useful source for advertisement.Thanks to all here for nice input.

I do a lot of talking about my sites. I talk about my sites on Facebook and Twitter. I talk about my sites on forums. Actually I don't mention my sites by names. What I actually do is talk about the things which form the content of my sites.
Right, I do the same things too, and actually I'm not mentioning that I own that site. Much better to use some good explanation about the site and then if they want to go there much better. Posting in some social media sites and forums are the best way to promote the website. But we should have an excellent content before we do that.

Make a Facebook Fan page. Always do a posting about a certain topic about your page or write articles and insert your site. This is one of the great ways also to do well in affiliate marketing without spending any amount to send traffic to your site.

To advertise your website :
1. Create a facebook fan page
2. Run social media advertisements like Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter ads
3. Run Google advertisements
4. Social media optimization... etc these techniques will help you to advertise your business...

Last edited:
I actually conduct surveys here at talktosonic to get feedback and then i plan out to reach my audience with better approach to online marketing via fb or google ads.

1. Prioritize SEO. Google is the main way people find most of the websites they visit. ...
  2. Do social media promotion. ...
  3. Create high-value content. ...
  4. Start guest blogging. ...
  5. Join and participate in online communities. ...
  6. Connect with influencers. ...
  7. Become a source. ...
  8. Use expert sources.

Some methods to promote websites are-
Guest posting
Classifieds
Social Media
Blogging
Web 2.o
Bookmarking
Google and social media ads

Back