What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Creating fake accounts to advertise

Wrong

Have you ever created any fake Twitter/Facebook/etc. accounts to advertise your site, by 'liking' and tweeting different things in your site? Did it work?

Have you ever created any fake Twitter/Facebook/etc. accounts to advertise your site, by 'liking' and tweeting different things in your site? Did it work?

Yes, plenty. I think that I currently have about five or six fake facebook profiles for different advertising niches. A pretty woman will sell things like a businessman-like profile wont' and vice versa. Most of my family and friends don't know about my internet money making, not that I am embarrassed about it. It has just never come up in conversation. But I don't ant to spam my friends and family with advertising. If I think that my niche will sell to family and friends then I do advertise to them because they trust me and will most likely click my links.

I also have three fake Twitter accounts.

No, I do not have any fake account. But I think it will be work in business purpose.it will helpful for advertising.

Yes of course, likes to get up on my facebook pages, but the big problem is that it works very well, people do not "believe" in Profiles fake etc, I think the best way to create Profiles are putting fake photos of beautiful girls and almost naked, so it will be easy to get attention.

No. I have one Facebook account and one Twitter account. I think creating Fake accounts is lame and also hurts your business. In the end, if you stick with the formula everything will work out. Just takes time. Fake accounts are also very time consuming to manage.

I don't do this, because I feel like the results aren't nearly worth the amount of effort it takes to pull it off. If I knew more about bots and automation, I'd probably consider it a lot more, but just logging in to each account just for one like or two or possibly a few retweets, I wouldn't bother. It's too much of a short term solution and I don't believe it would contribute significantly towards building a solid foundation as a marketing campaign. If I found a decent method that could yield a lot more results by doing this, I'd re-consider.

I think the validity of any fake account is no more good.I wouldn't bother.I strongly dislike illegal things.

I've tried it a few times but in the end, it didn't work out for me. I had to stop using fake accounts to promote my business in any way. It's not worth the stress. I focus now on using my main account for any ads I want to do.

Back