What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What version of Photoshop are you currently using?

Wrong

For those of you using Photoshop - are you currently using version CS3, CS4, CS5 or CS6? Have you used any other versions in the past?

I currently use Photoshop CS5 but CS3 was the first one I used. Then I switched to CS4, and then CS4 extended. They're all very similar, there weren't many changes I could notice. I haven't upgraded to CS6 because I don't really feel the need to do it.

I'm using the Cs6, I used the cs5 before but after I formatted my computer and installed cs6, I do not think the big difference cs5 design only, but otherwise I think similar.
I also am a little noob in photoshop, use only for basic things.

I used to have CS6, but similarly to a lot of other people, I had to reformat my computer - due to a virus - and I lost everything. I lost my Installation CD too, because we moved house, and so I am currently without Photoshop. I'm actually using Microsoft Paint at the moment, if I want to edit my pictures in any way, which sucks.

I'm actually using Microsoft Paint at the moment, if I want to edit my pictures in any way, which sucks.
I'm using GIMP for texturing models I made in Blender. I never used Photoshop, but I heard that it is a good alternative for it. Maybe not as good as Photoshop, but better than Microsoft Paint.

I'm using GIMP for texturing models I made in Blender. I never used Photoshop, but I heard that it is a good alternative for it. Maybe not as good as Photoshop, but better than Microsoft Paint.

Gimp sucks so much. I know for a fact that the user interface was made by a bunch of cats who know nothing about design. I'm using Photoshop CS5 because that's the only stable version that works on my linux box. On my windows desktop, I have CS6 on it, but I don't use that often.

I'm currently using CS6. I upgraded from CS3 when the Creative Cloud initiative was announced. It means that I have access to all the most up to date Adobe programs.

It was an easy choice given the 50% discount I got for the first year. When I have to pay full price, it will hurt, but by now I'm used to CS6 and downgrading to the boxed CS3 software I own would be a big retrograde step for me.

I have never heard of GIMP? IS it easy to use? And did you have to pay for it. One of the benefits of using Microsoft Paint is that it is free, because I don't have the money to buy Photoshop or GIMP at the moment, unless GIMP is Free?

I currently use CS6, which to be honest isn't very different to CS5. I have gimp but rarely ever use it, I'll only use it if I misclick on the picture I want to edit. Gimp is pretty good but Photoshop is dominant.

I'm still stuck on CS4, I'm thinking of switching to CS6 as soon as I can, but I'm in no rush to do so seeing as CS4 has all the features that I practically need to fuel my interest.

I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS5. I also happen to have this CS5 One-on-One Fundamentals, Advanced & Mastery with Deke McClelland series.

I'll most likely be upgrading after I'm done with the tutorials and become better at using the program, but for now it's working out just fine. I figure why bother switching while I'm still learning and going through all the tutorials, right?

There's about 20 or so hours of video tutorials to go through so it takes some time, but you really end up learning a lot. Photoshop is an awesome program to have.

Last edited:
I use a version that's free. It's called GIMP. When I use GIMP I can do whatever I want with graphics. No problem. My only limitation is my skill. I also use Inkscape. Actually I use Inkscape together with GIMP. I do the vector graphics in Inkscape. Then I open the file in GIMP to add effects.

I use Photoshop CS5, as I already owned it and didn't feel like buying CS6. CS6 also feels weird to me, I have no idea why. I guess it could always have to do with the fact that I memorized most of the CS5 keyboard shortcuts and they work differently on CS6, but I'm not sure. For a while I used GIMP, but it just felt.. insufficient.

CS5, all the way, baby! Though if it weren't for student discounts, I'd probably also be using something like GIMP. Haven't had the chance to try out CS6 yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

That's also how I got my copy, what a coincidence! I also got help from my parents, since it was partially for school and my birthday.

I use version CS5. I picked it up for a cheap price using my university discount but using a student discount means that you cannot upgrade without paying so I am stuck with 5 but really, for what I need it for, it is all that I need and I am quite happy with it. :)

I'm currently using Photoshop CS5 with various plugins. I'm afraid of upgrading because I might lose some of the plugins that I use as well as the unnecessary change of the interface every upgrade. I don't think there's anything on CS6 that I really need either.

I've tried out GIMP once, but it doesn't compete being raised with Photoshop. GIMP is lacking in many areas that Photoshop shines in, but it's a great program to get introduced to the field of image editing.

I'm currently using Adobe Photoshop CS5. I would normally upgrade once I've been notified about new release. But here lately I've noticed that the changes haven't affected what I typically use photoshop for. I think i'll stay with CS5 for the time being.

hah! Just got myself CS6. I must admit, it's quite amazing, it's a huge change from the CS4 I was using I can say that for sure.

I am currently using Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended. The last version of Photoshop that I used was CS3... It is a definite big leap and I got confused with some of the functions, but after a while I am already getting the hang of it.

I also tried other softwares like GIMP and Corel Draw but Photoshop seems to be the best option and there's a lot of tutorials you can find on search engines when you don't know what you are doing.

Back