What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What on Earth Happened to Codecademy?

I remember this being a great learning tool a good few years back. I wanted to get back into coding and went to check it out and it's changed, massively. It seems they want to charge you for everything now too.

I completely agree. I haven't been on there in a long time and just went to check it out then. I know websites need to modernize, but the theme for one doesn't sit right with me. The fact that they built a solid userbase up to then charge is both good business acumen and snake-like.

Yes, I'm afraid that they got greedy and decided to make a lot of profit rather than focusing on helping people to learn. Al those links from the past (accidental Zelda reference) that were posted as a helpful, free learning resource now lead directly into the money pit.

i scared very few people always think about profit and business. Reason of this thought humanity & talent declining day by day.

I believe that what happened to Codecademy was competition. It's something that's always present in every sector and if your project isn't ready to face it, it's going to be eliminated.

Back