What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What movie genre do you prefer and what movies under that genre do you like best?

kathness

Personally, I love watching romantic comedy and horror films. I know, a very weird combination indeed but that's how I like it. I appreciate movies under the romantic comedy genre because it's what I both love, to be in love and to be happy. I mean who doesn't want that right? It's the perfect combination to a perfect life. My favorite movie under this genre would definitely be "The Proposal." Hello Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock! On the other hand, scary movies are so thrilling and so fun to watch so I like those as well. Even though, I scream and cover my eyes most of the whole time watching. My favorite horror movie would be "Deliver Us From Evil." It is not a shallow scary movie, the story is deep and you could learn lessons from it. It tackles about exorcism and how easily you can be possessed if you don't have faith in God. I really like that movie since it strengthened my faith in God.

What about you? What kind of movies do you like? Reply to me on this thread and let's talk about it.

I love movies that make you think, sort of sci-fi/mystery movies, I guess? Most popular examples I have are films by Christopher Nolan - The Prestige, Inception, Interstellar, and Memento (not really sci-fi, but still).

For me Suspense and action, and some mind blowing movies. I really love to watch these kind of movies. it's really interesting. It's really hard to know the story because sometimes there's a twist at the end. I also like the shutter Island by Leonardo DiCaprio.

I don't actually have a favorite genre but I can say I'm comfortable and I do prefer comedy movies than most movie genres.. My most favorite would be Home Alone. I've watched all the Home Alone movies from the very first until the last. I really love it because it's so funny and hilarious. the cast is also very good especially Macauly Culkin and the child actor who played for the third installment.

I like drama and suspense, and I find some thrillers pretty exciting. I do not watch soap operas or romantic movies since my husband does not like them. His favorite genre is horror, so I watch with him sometimes.
We like "The Walking Dead," it is pretty interesting and we are eager to watch the finale. Recently we have watched "Girl on the train," and I really enjoyed the plot which turned out to be very unpredictable. I strongly recommend this movie to everyone who enjoys suspense.

Mine would be rom-com too! The feeling of being in-love and happy. Like what you said the perfect combination. Plus I love having a good laugh by watching this type of genre, it kinda lessens stress and burdens of life. Surely one way of relaxing is by watching movies that you like.

I like drama and suspense, and I find some thrillers pretty exciting. I do not watch soap operas or romantic movies since my husband does not like them. His favorite genre is horror, so I watch with him sometimes.
We like "The Walking Dead," it is pretty interesting and we are eager to watch the finale. Recently we have watched "Girl on the train," and I really enjoyed the plot which turned out to be very unpredictable. I strongly recommend this movie to everyone who enjoys suspense.

I have watched "Girl on the Train" and it was okay for me. Maybe because I have watched far better movies than the one previously mentioned. If you liked that type of movie, I would highly recommend "Gone Girl" and "Return to Sender." These movies are both on the thriller genre and both are quality movies. They star the same actress, Rosamund Pike. And she's just perfect for thriller movies. She's this chic that can go from victim to "murderer" in just a snap.

Personally I like watching historical films like Schindler's List, Longest Day, and the like. I had this liking even when I was a child and it is no surprise for me that I became a History teacher. I like to show documentary films on YouTube to my students in their history classes. It makes them more interested and thus learn the lessons easily than just reading the text from their history books. There are historical series in History Channel and National Geographic that are really excellent sites. Besides watching movies, I do a lot of reading historical novels like Wouk's War and Remembrance, Speer's The Third Reich, Manchester's American Caesar and other interesting historical reads.

I prefer Comedies over other movie genres as they are my favorite type of genre to watch and laugh with friends.My all time favorite comedy movie is Meet The Fockers.I am pretty sure most of you have heard about this movie.
""Laughter is the best medicine"" after all guys!

I also love comedy movies. It makes people that are feeling sad, feel happy because of the humor in the film. Comedy films also take away stress and anger as well as making you feel happy. Not all comedies are to everyone’s ‘taste’ so people may not find all comedy funny. People find comedy films unrealistic, either the ending or throughout the film.

I like dramas. Drama has it all from romance to comedy even action sequences. I also like biopics and period flicks, The best drama I have ever watched is The scent of a woman, The best biopic I have ever watched is Pursuits of Happiness and Patriot is my favorite period movie.

I am much excited about fantasy and science fiction movies. It's my first choice whenever I plan to watch in a movie theater. Everyone if not has collection of movies in their laptops. My favorite would be the Cloverfield series, Marvel and Justice League, Interstellar and Prometheus plus the sequel. I also include The Age of Adeline on my list. I like Horror, Comedy and Action as well depending on the characters and actors/actresses. The least I could watch is drama. I am open for suggestions on awesome sci-fi movies to watch out for. Keep me posted! 🤣

Romantic movies isn't for me at all. I'm more into watching horror movies. I love movies that freaks me out. It's why I enjoy watching horror movies a lot especially at night. I love survival movies too and shooting movies.

Shooting movie genre is always going to be my favourite. The shooting movies that I love so much are the following ;

1. 24
2. Black Hawk Down
3. Platoon
4. Fury

Shooting movie genre is always going to be my favourite. The shooting movies that I love so much are the following ;

1. 24
2. Black Hawk Down
3. Platoon
4. Fury
Black Hawk Down is a very good movie and I enjoyed watching it 7 years ago when I watch this first which have been a very long time. I think I should re-watch the movie again and enjoy it once more.

Back