What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Request for a tutorial

bradman1313

Do any of you know a tutorial that helps to implement Flash into an HTML page? I'm making a site for a Youtube channel, and I'd like to put in moving buttons and such.

I like lynda.com tutorials, they have a good selection on flash and action script as well.
Yes you´ll need a subscription, or maybe you won´t hehe :)

I like lynda.com tutorials, they have a good selection on flash and action script as well.
Yes you´ll need a subscription, or maybe you won´t hehe :)

Yes, I have looked at Lynda. I have friends who told that it's worth the money. Now what do you mean by 'or maybe you won't'? Is there a way to get the Lynda tutorials without paying for it? Come on, share your secrets.

Ah no secrets really just that a lot of their content is freely available for download on torrent sites and all. I geuss it's kind of cheap
but it gets the job done.

Do any of you know a tutorial that helps to implement Flash into an HTML page? I'm making a site for a Youtube channel, and I'd like to put in moving buttons and such.

Flash isn't really necessary for something simple like moving buttons, besides Flash is a dying technology. Why don't you consider using jQuery instead?

Yha, crazycroc is right jQuery is better option than HTML. jQuery have some effects likes, jQuery Hide/show, jQuery Fade, jQuery Slide, jQuery Animate, jQuery stop(), jQuery Callback, jQuery Chaining etc it will help you.

JQuery is new to me. I'll check it out and post my comment here. I have used html on simple pages to market products. I hope using JQuery doesn't slow down page loading time.

I've been looking for this myself recently. I've been learning HTML again after not coding at all for the last 5 or more years. One of the things I've been trying to do is implement a YouTube video into the test site I've been making with no luck at all. Going to have a look at jQuery now, myself.

jQuery looks like a good site. Thanks for the help, I didn't realize that Flash was dying. I thought it was just as widely used as ever before.

jQuery looks like a good site. Thanks for the help, I didn't realize that Flash was dying. I thought it was just as widely used as ever before.

I recently applied for a job for which the company's career site used flash.

However javascript is the way of the future, it uses less bandwidth generally and can be run from most smart phones and tablets without an additional plugin which is very important these days.

About a year ago Adobe dropped support for mobile devices, so you will be severely limiting your audience if you use flash. Definitely go the jquery route.

I'm learning a lot in this forum, might this help you, although I am not sincere is very well how this implement Flash in an HTML page, is something that I need to also know.

:)

Back