What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Photoshop learning resources?

Hello, guys!

I'm a back-end developer and I am not really good at designing and layout of websites. Can you suggest websites or video tutorials where I can learn Photoshop? I would prefer if the learning materials are free. :)

I'm really interested to grow my skills in design so I can have more services to offer my clients and/or employers.

Thanks!

Adobe has free tutorials for Photoshop so make use of those, and Youtube has a lot of available videos which you can easily follow depending on the version you're using and the feature you wanna learn. For sites, I think https://phlearn.com is one of the best out there with a lot of free tutorials, although there's a subscription fee for highly advanced features.

Hi @EfficientNinja. I'm not a developer but I freelance on video editing as well as photo editing. The best tutorials I've seen are from Youtube and I've learned many things by not only relying in to one website. I've searched a lot of websites and I do believe that you can also search them on Google. Don't hesitate to click on websites ad try to compare each tutorials they give or teach on their websites. For videos, I suggest that you practice Adobe Photoshop randomly and make some notes about the things and tools you do not know and search about how to do it or how to use some tools so that you can get and learn what you really want to learn because if you're just learning randomly, you won't get anything out of it tho. Self-practice makes the learning easier and I can attest to that because I am a Teacher education student and I have also learned Photoshop that way. Hope this could help you. Best of luck and God bless.

There are a few different ways that you can learn how to use a program like Photoshop. I think one of the best method would probably be to check out YouTube because there are so many tutorials on there by various users. You can check out videos on how to use various tools, how to best design graphics and just the general information on how to actually use a program like Photoshop. There should be some videos on good alternatives as well if you are interested in looking at good alternatives to Photoshop.

Last edited:
Usually, I watched a video tutorial about Adobe Photoshop on Youtube. Also, check Lynda sites. The good thing with sites like Lynda is that you can find a tutorial on every topic. Another one is PhotoshopTutorials, excellent tutorials about retouching, photo manipulation, and color grading.

YouTube is replete with myriad Adobe Photoshop videos. The problem you should have is not the availability of the videos but the time and discipline to follow through the lessons.

I have seen so many of these free tutorial materials on YouTube which can be very helpful in learning how to make use of Photoshop. If you just take your time to search for the best tutorials, you will find exactly what you need.

I'm a back-end developer and I am not really good at designing and layout of websites. Can you suggest websites or video tutorials where I can learn Photoshop? I would prefer if the learning materials are free. :)

I'm really interested to grow my skills in design so I can have more services to offer my clients and/or employers.
Absolutely! Here are some free resources to get you started with learning Photoshop:
  • Adobe Photoshop Tutorials:
    The official Adobe website offers a variety of free tutorials on Photoshop, covering everything from the basics to more advanced techniques. These tutorials are a great place to start, especially if you're new to the software.
  • Phlearn:
    Phlearn is a popular YouTube channel and website that offers a wide range of free Photoshop tutorials. The tutorials are well-produced and easy to follow, and they cover a variety of topics, from specific tools and techniques to general design principles.
  • Skillshare:
    Skillshare offers a free trial that gives you access to a wide range of courses, including Photoshop tutorials. While most of the courses require a paid subscription, the free trial is a great way to sample the platform and see if it's a good fit for you.
In addition to these specific resources, there are many other free Photoshop tutorials available online. You can find tutorials on YouTube, on design blogs, and even on social media. While these resources can teach you the basics of Photoshop, consider taking a graphic designing course to gain a more comprehensive understanding of design principles and how to apply them effectively. This will not only improve your Photoshop skills but also make you a more well-rounded designer.

Back