What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Newbie needs coding advise

rdpar

I need help with my web page. I want to allow music downloads, but only a few per email registered. Being really really rusty with HTML, and have no knowlege of any other coding, I'm lost.

So, basically, HTML itself is not going to allow you to monitor or restrict who and how much is allowed to download and what. Restrictions are going to need server side programming such as PHP, along with scripts such as JavaScript. You are also going to want to use a Database program to store user info and allow PHP to communicate with it to restrict users. I personally prefer PostgreSQL as it is Open Source but MySQL is the most common.

I am more than happy to help with anything specific but as your request is a little broad and generalized, there are too many answers I could give. If you would like, you are free to DM me and I will help wherever possible.

Back