What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Need help with a form calculation

eflats

Hi I am attempting to understand how I might go about creating a series of calculations based on a users input into a single field and the end output being a price to display while colleting data.

1. This pages purpose will be when a consumer enters info the result should return a 20% range in price with a note stating an assigned rep will be in contact within 24 hours. This formula might look something like this if based on a 1200 SF entry:
    • User enters 1200 SF
    • first find SQ root of 1200 and multiply 4 sides = 138.56
    • this number represents a typical overhang & needs to be converted to SF by multiplying by 1.33 = 184.29 sf
    • Add 1200 SF to this number 1384.29 SF
    • The above is based on a flat surface we now have to use a midrange multiplier to create a pitched surface. 1.2 would convert to a more accurate number. = 1663.92
    • Add 15% waste to this then convert to Squares (100SF) by dividing by 100 = 19.13 SQ
    • Ideally from here we would use a ceiling calc of .3333334 as this is the formal unit of measure for shingles roofing. = 19.33 SQ
    • We would then multiply by $425/ SQ = $8,216.67 is the median price
    • I would want to create a 20% range as the final output by multiplying this median by .9 and 1.1 = $7,395 to $9,038.33

Back