What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Need Help to Pass Epubcheck

David Madison

Good people all:

I’m hoping you can tell me how to fix this:

I converted a Kindle mobi file to an epub, and ran an epubcheck, which flagged 38 instances of the same error as highlighted in red below:

<span class="calibre21"><div class="calibre22" id="calibre_pb_6"></div>
</span>

Error while parsing file: element "div" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "em", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "tt" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")

I don’t know which of the above elements should replace div, which I assume includes the /div as well.

This one error is all that’s keeping it from passing epubcheck, meaning that my ebook cannot ship to retailers.

Anyone? I would be most grateful for your assistance.

Thanks kindly,

David

Back