What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Jobs aside from your website.

apriapism

For those who host a website/websites as a side job, what do you do to make a living? I'm a paramedic here in Florida, I was curious if there was anyone here that uses their website as their main source of income.

I'm currently a freshman in college and on the side I'm a freelance graphic designer. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. You're a paramedic though? What kind of education did you have to get to have that kind of job? I always thought of becoming a paramedic, I always thought of it as an exciting job without that much danger, I'm sure you've seen your fair share of bizarre stuff.

No, nothing on the side. My online work is the only work I do now. There are times when I am tempted to re-start some of my brick and mortar activities. However, when I think about it for a second time, I go back to my online work. This is the life I have chosen and I like it this way.

I do multiple jobs. I run a website, sell advertising, sell stuff on e-bay, do tech stuff, build sites for people, tweet and facebook for money from advertisers and companies, and part time programming work. Yes, you have to do a lot to afford living in NYC as a single guy!

Actually if you put your mind to it, there is no need to work at a nine to five job to make a living. The internet is truly the land of opportunities. There are so many ways to making money on the net. The only problem is that some people forget that you can only reap what you sow. They expect fantastic returns without putting in fantastic effort. So they get disappointed and tell people that the net is not the place to make money.

Actually if you put your mind to it, there is no need to work at a nine to five job to make a living. The internet is truly the land of opportunities. There are so many ways to making money on the net. The only problem is that some people forget that you can only reap what you sow. They expect fantastic returns without putting in fantastic effort. So they get disappointed and tell people that the net is not the place to make money.

It's frustrating sometimes though. But if you come up with the right ideas then yeah you can. But I still believe it depends on where you live. If you live in NYC everything is much more expensive here. But you pay for quality I guess.

I at this time due to the crisis that is happening in Portugal i'm unemployed, I'm trying to make some money online, but I hope soon to get a job.

I'm a CADD engineer. CADD is what's responsible for everyday objects like your mouse, your keyboard, and even your house! We drew all these objects up on a 3D-Design program for a machine to print.

I work at the IT department of a courier company but I do nothing related with the web here. I'm part of the hardware and software support crew. It is a very interesting job and I always have something new to do. I'm trying to switch to another role here at my company, I would really like to become a developer.

Hello. I am actually not working right now since I just moved from the east. My boyfriend and I decided to stop the long-distance thing and go on to the next thing. So I am stuck doing nothing really and I am here to learn from everyone.

I'm a back office support in a bpo company in our country. My job exactly is just to encode all details about check, and it's really confidential. We have an access to all the details about the customers, like account number, name, address the money on their bank. actually everything.

Yes, I and my husband do. We also have several YouTube channels apart from blogs. The revenue is enough to make a living, save some money and even go on vacations.
Of course, I also enjoy searching for something new, I am always interested in finding new websites and getting extra education. It makes me broad-minded and improves my skills.
Make new acquaintances online, join international forums, courses, and do not forget to improve English if you are a foreigner. Remember that education, patience, and acquaintances can help in making your website the main source of income. Good luck!

Yes I also have other stuff aside from working online. During the day I am a college student taking the course of Business Administration. And after school I have a part-time job as a shop assistant.

I knew some individuals who really make good money through their websites or working online. It becomes their full-time job already. But for me, online work is just my side job. I am a passionate caregiver and most of the time I work with the special kids. I'm in love with this work. I just work online to break my weekly routines and gain extra income too.

I work as a private tutor for various college subjects, and I am currently on a break from taking up a masters degree as well.

I work as a Jr. Network Administrator while I maintain websites during idle hours at the office. We always get a lot of down times and I do small jobs to pass the time productively. I hope my boss won't see me doing non-work related things! o_O

I work as an Industrial engineer in a manufacturing company. I do production layout and draw jigs. I also help in maintaining lines and prevent failures of machines. I do this forums every break time. I really don't want any idle time in my day.

I am a freelancer, I do not have a regular job, I make my living working online and offline as a writer. I am also a digital marketer and web designer. I have 10 websites, however, my websites are not earnig me enough revenue. I make most by writing for clients.

Back