What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

html to xlsx to html

htideman

1) From an excel file I link to a.html file, which opens.
2) From b.html file I link to same excel file; file opens. From that I try to do same as in line 1, but a.html file does not open. I have tried various file address schemes for excel link to a.html file, but no success.

In excelforum.com this post received 57 views, 0 replies.

Have you tried opening a.html in a browser, copying the link from the address bar (e.g. C:/a.html), pasting the link into Excel with no editing at all? Excel normally transforms addresses into links, as long as you do not mean to give your link another name. If you do, you could still try pasting the address itself and changing it after it has been pasted, without losing the address within the link. Bear in mind that in Excel sometimes it makes a difference whether you write directly into the cell or into the bar. (In short: I don't know. :D)

You may also try on another computer or with another version of Excel; it might be a specific problem related to your device/software.

Back