What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

How do I learn InDesign?

Soliloquy

I'd like to start setting up some little pamphlets or booklets to be printed, and I'm told Adobe InDesign is the best tool for that. Where can I find the best online tutorials? Or is there other training I should seek out?

Whenever I need to learn a new software, I just go to Youtube and pick a video that appeals to me most, or seems easy enough for me to start with. I think watching videos are the best way to learn Usually, those would suffice, especially if the software I'm trying to learn is related to one that I'm already familiar with, e.g. - in this case, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. In my opinion, the best way to go about it is to learn some basic functions and buttons first, but just enough not to get too overwhelmed immediately. After that, then just find a nice existing design and just try to duplicate it as an exercise, and once you get used to it you'll be well on your way to making your own designs. :) Cheers and good luck!

I think its best option to learn a new software, I just go to YouTube and pick a video that appeals to me most, or seems easy enough for me to start with.It provides enough knowledge to learn more about design and graphics.

You have many materials at you disposal. The internet is replete with free graph design videos. I guarantee you will will find video that. meet your knowledge need.
Many times over, I thank God for making me live at this the where information about most things in the world is available for free.

Your decision to learn graphics is step in a most right direction. The biggest mistake is jumping into Photoshop too fast. Learning Photoshop does not make you a designer, just like buying paintbrushes does not make you an artist. Start with the foundation.
First, learn how to draw.You don’t have to sit in a room with a bunch of other artists trying to draw a naked woman.
You don’t even have to get that good at drawing. Just learn some basics so you can be comfortable sketching with a pen.

Aside from the tutorials on Youtube. Try checking video tutorials at lynda.com from David Blatner, Anne-Marie Concepción, and others. They also have an entertaining podcast and blog called InDesign Secrets.

I believe by now, you should have graduated to pre-veteran level. By now, you would have mastered the rudiments and basics of graphics. I would like to give a piece of advice here: always go back to the first principles to check the conformity of your work to standard.

Browse the latest Adobe InDesign tutorials, video tutorials, hands-on projects, and more ... Learn the basics, or refine your skills with tutorials designed to inspire.

I would start with YouTube tutorials and move onto text ones. Why not buy a book? They are great references for learning anything. Good luck in your journey.

Also, just having a bash yourself, with no tutelage can be useful, and fun.

The same way you would learn anything else, my friend. Search for documentation and tutorials. It's pretty self-explanatory really.

Browse the latest Adobe InDesign tutorials, video tutorials, hands-on projects, and more ... Learn the basics, or refine your skills with tutorials designed to inspire.
He can get so many of such tutorials on YouTube. This was how I learnt so much from the platform about graphics design!

Back