What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Help needed with landing page

Xeonwales

Hi guy's, i have a website set-up as a shop (Same day delivery service like Uber/Deliveroo etc). The URL takes me directly to the menu to order, but i want a landing page before the customer gets to the menu.

I have made the landing page in HTML, but i now need to find a way of making the Landing page the default page, and the menu as a clickable link.

Is there anything i can do code-wise to achieve this without moving the Menu on to a sub domain??

Apologies if this is in the wrong section

Edit: Im using Foodtiger from Codecanyon as the Menu/Website software

So web serving software is setup to look for a specific page to load if one is not specified.

Rename your landing page to index.html or whatever html code you are using, e.g. PHP, XHTML, ASPX and so on.

Rename your menu page to something easy to remember, such as menu.html or whatever the code you are using is.

In your landing page, create a link to your menu page.

Code:
<a href="path/to/your/menu/page/">Menu</a>

or if you want to make your menu page open in a new tab you can use this:

Code:
<a href="path/to/your/menu/page/" target="_blank">Menu</a>

What this will do is tell your webserver that the first page that should be served is your landing page and then your menu would be accessed as a link.

All web servers by default are instructed to look for an initial index page in each root directory that is accessed by the browser.

Hope this helps!

Back