What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Greatest sports personality

I would consider Pele to be the greatest soccer player ever. I love the sport, but to answer your question more appropriately, I would rate Usain Bolt right up there among the greatest there every was. He is an athlete par excellence and is bound to improve on a record which is difficult to emulate in the future. And he's drug-free, which makes it even more worthwhile to nominate him.

I tend to think pele was overrated mainly because most if the people that regard him as the greatest have never seen him play. The based their judgementbof perception and opinions of others and the media

For me, it's Manny Pacquiao the greatest boxer with an 8 world championship belts in different categories. He's so humble, funny, generous and religious. He is so down to earth even if he is super rich now.

I agree with that, Manny Pacquiao is my choice also. With that eight world division champion, I'm sure he is the greatest sports personality. The attitude compare to other boxers and sports personality has the big difference also, Pacquiao is very humble, religious person, and he helps a lot of people in the Philippines.

I'll have to go with Lebron James. Basketball is the only sports I follow and his life story is the one that caught my attention. He started from nothing and even live a poor life as a kid and now he's considered one or even the greatest NBA player but he is still very humble. He helps charity and helps new league players to adjust by giving them advice. He did not forget where he came from and I believe he is also managing his finances well unlike other pro players or rich people that spend money like there's no tomorrow.

Roger Federer would be my choice. Not only is he considered as the GOAT on the tennis court, but he is also a very humble person with a beautiful personality and great relationship with his family, fans, and his colleagues in the tennis scene.

I think that I would choose LeBron James as well. He is popular around the world, and his records are unbeatable. I like his spirit and personality. I always read the news about him since they are always exciting. LeBron is not afraid of challenging decisions, he is a real superstar. I like his bright personality and attitude to other players. I do hope that his career will be lasting for a long time I really doubt that it is possible to become the better sportsman or leader than LeBron.

For me, it's Manny Pacquiao the greatest boxer with an 8 world championship belts in different categories. He's so humble, funny, generous and religious. He is so down to earth even if he is super rich now.
I also like Manny Pacquiaoa and for me he is a great athlete. Although before he had made a lot of mistakes especially when he cheated and became a drunkard, my judgement about him really changed after I saw him talking about God and how God changed him and when he also talked about his mistakes before and admitting to it. He really earned my respect. He is also a family man which makes him a very good person.

The other sports personality that I really like is Mohammad Ali. He is icon in the world of boxing. I really like how he fought for the equality of the black to white people during his era. He uses the world of boxing for his political interest just to express his opinion of the current situation during that time. His contribution for the boxing and politics is really one of a kind.

I would say Manny Pacquiao and LeBron James. As a Filipino, I am proud that we have Manny Pacquiao. He is a very humble person despite having so many recognitions. He is a boxer, basketball player (owner), senator, former congressman, and many more. He is a true icon here in the Philippines and maybe all over the world.

As a basketball player and a Golden State Warriors fan, I respect how LeBron James accept the defeat of the finals. He shook hands with the Golden State Warriors before going out of the game and accepting the he lose. That is very hard knowing that he is the leader of the city of Cleveland but he humbly accepted the defeat. A true NBA Legend.

I had the chance to see some great sports personalities starting from the late sixties down to the present. There are sports personalities for every age I think. During the early seventies, Chess was the name of the game. It was Fisher vs Spassky and the whole world was watching. The major newspapers carried headlines about the game beating other major news. And then came Muhammad Ali in the mid seventies, like the famous Ali - Frazier fight at the Big Dome. At one time I remember Paeng Nepomuceno, the bowling king; Efren Bata, in billiards , Lydia deVega, Asia's fastest woman, MIchael Jordan, and most recently Manny Pacquiao. They were all great during their time.

I really to play badminton, for me it was Exercise too.that's good for our health, And beside It's fun to play. with my co player who like that sports.

Manny Pacquiao because he fight fair and being a fighter, he also helps poor people. Aside from news there are lot of people says he give house on a vendor he just met. Imagine that not all people can gift a house and lot. He is a fighter with a really good heart.

I think Manny Paquiaois the greatest sports personality, He keeps his feet on the ground, and he gives to charity.

I think Manny Paquiaois the greatest sports personality, He keeps his feet on the ground, and he gives to charity.

My thoughts exactly. Ultimately Manny Pacquiao is the rare breed of fighter who comes around only once in a generation. This little Filipino with the big heart has been involved in some of the best fights of the last decade and now the first eight-division champion.

I think Diego Maradona is the greatest sports personality the world has ever seen. Diego Maradona is a footballer for Argentina. He not only won FIFA World Cup for his country but also earned the second spot for this country. sadly, Maradona is also a controversial figure, he was banned by FIFA for drug use during a game of football. I have always been an Argentina nine football fan due to Maradona.

I would consider Pele to be the greatest soccer player ever. I love the sport, but to answer your question more appropriately, I would rate Usain Bolt right up there among the greatest there every was. He is an athlete par excellence and is bound to improve on a record which is difficult to emulate in the future. And he's drug-free, which makes it even more worthwhile to nominate him.

Pele was that good as we would hear that he scored loads of goals back in those days which is amazing. I am wondering how others are going to take that away from him in years to come.

He is good as a boxer and someone that I respect so much for the fact that he is understandable and humble. I really wished that he won some heavy fights that he had then for that would have made him the best of all time.

Back