What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Any good tutorial for learning HTML5?

bosconian

Hello everyone,

It's 2013 already and I think it's about time I learn how to create HTML5 sites. I think it is a skill that can be very valuable (e.g. profitable) and I'm really eager to learn. Do you know of a good tutorial? Maybe a good book?

Hope to hear from you all. Thanks!

I really like the codeacademy website! They have many different programming languages that you can learn at your own pace. They have an HTML/CSS course that was recently added. However, I'm not exactly sure if it's HTML5 or not. They have an HTML5 logo beside the course listing, but the course description doesn't exactly specify that it's HTML5. I would guess that it's probably HTML5, though.

Some really nice documentations are from w3schools. They offer a large variety of tutorials and show you alot of examples. They update very often and offer a certification for HTML, CSS, etc.

I would be careful which tutorial you choose because HTML5 is a lot more open ended and you want to choose a tutorial which chooses to organize the site in a way that makes sense.

I just found Dive Into HTML5 by Mark Pilgrim. He is the same author of Dive Into Python and I have read only good things about that book (altough I have never read it). What do you think about this HTML5 book? I think I will give it a try and see where that gets me.

I just found Dive Into HTML5 by Mark Pilgrim. He is the same author of Dive Into Python and I have read only good things about that book (altough I have never read it). What do you think about this HTML5 book? I think I will give it a try and see where that gets me.

That guy is a genius! I really love that guy. The book is great. He will explain everything to you, you don't have to worry about that. His book is amazing and you should start with that. :)

Do you think it'd be better to start off learning html5 or just stick with the tried and true resources we have currently? I mean, html5 is the new standard, but it seems like people aren't willing to adjust just yet.

Do you think it'd be better to start off learning html5 or just stick with the tried and true resources we have currently? I mean, html5 is the new standard, but it seems like people aren't willing to adjust just yet.

Why not? HTML5 is eveything previous HTML had plus more. You lose nothing from learning and using it. Sure, there might be some issues with people with older browsers, but that shouldn't put anyone off...

Hello everyone,

It's 2013 already and I think it's about time I learn how to create HTML5 sites. I think it is a skill that can be very valuable (e.g. profitable) and I'm really eager to learn. Do you know of a good tutorial? Maybe a good book?

Hope to hear from you all. Thanks!

If you want to learn how to write code for a quick website build, which I'm guessing is the case, you can use Wordpress to create websites at will. I learned how to use code to make my web pages look the way I want. It's a practical way to get a website up in no time, while learning about new marketing techniques implemented for better search engine results.

I know that CodeAcademy has been suggested already, but I just have to second it. I started learning HTML on CodeAcademy after not coding in HTML for a good 5 or more years. Was suggested by a friend to try it out, and it really is fantastic. Makes it easy for beginners and doesn't become annoying or boring like some other methods of learning to code. I'd certainly suggest giving it a try if you're interested in learning HTML5.

You have many resources to learn HTML5 online, prefer websites like W3Schools or Tutorials point and take courses on Udemy.com and Codecademy...etc. And follow some youtube videos related to HTML5... these all will help you to learn HTML5.

Codecademy, Udemy, YouTube or just text tutorials. We all work better with different kinds of educational material.

I don't mean this sarcastically but YouTube and Google are your friends when learning any skill (not surgery though, I would go to uni for that).

Udemy is always a great way to learn at your own pace. You should also just watch hands-on YouTube videos. They are ideal for quick answers to quick problems. Good luck.

Back