What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Adobe Illustrator

Wrong

Has any of you ever used Adobe Illustrator to create vectors?

My brother had a portable version in my desktop PC so I wanted to give it a shot. I've used Photoshop for a while but Illustrator was completely different. I never got used to it, but it appears to be much better than Photoshop's pen tool to create vectors :p

It's primarily made to create vector images, so if you're interested in doing that, definitely give it a shot. Photoshop is typically use for photos...no pun intended, and it is a completely different beast from illustrator. I like using a tablet when I'm using illustrator because it uses the program to its fullest potential and gives me more freedom to draw stuff on the canvas.

People use it for illustrations, I use this software for is creating elements of a job, like logo line art and any shapes. It will also let you trace an image if you aren't so great at freehand drawing, you can freely move and scale the individual shapes without switching layers. Being based around vectors for drawing, rather than pixels, it has an inherently large learning curve. It does however work well together with Photoshop.

I don't really like messing around with vector images, because I don't really build websites and there is no need to. However it's great for that purpose and having knowledge with png images is a great skill to have. You can't really compare it to Photoshop at all because working with vectors is so different.

I absolutely swear by Adobe Illustrator. It's great for making crisp images, but of course, there are some tasks that are best left to Photoshop. I'm equally versed in both, and I have to say it has increased my flexibility when it comes to designing. I'd highly recommend it to anyone else, definitely.

I use it for creating vectors or typography as i find it easier than Photoshop to do that. I've still got a lot to learn with Illustrator though as i only started using that properly last year, yet i've used Photoshop for at least 3 years now. I still prefer Photoshop to Illustrator, but Illustrator is definitely better for typography in which you wouldn't be able to create in Photoshop.

I have make news of illustrator for a long time since I started some of my projects on graphic design and I can tell you that this is a very good tool for you to use to do so many work online.

Back