What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Your favorite Stories in games?

Title kinda says it all. For those of us that love a great story, they can often make a game shine beyond mediocre gameplay. For me the prime example of this is Dragon age II. The story was so much better than the game in some ways it would of made an even better visual novel. I wanna know what games had stories that really blew you away, or that you just found wonderful.

I'll start with some more obscure titles that i found by chance.

Remember me. As a huge Dontnod fan with the life is strange and before the storm i found this little title. while the game play was a very simple, linear fight game it had this really engaging story about memories and memory dealers and such. the game also had this really neat mini game puzzle that you had to figure out a way to alter memories to change things. I was a really neat mechanic, and despite the boss battles that i did not find all that interesting and even the game as a whole. (fight games aren't my thing) the games story was a great sci-fi expericance despite the obvious tropes, I just loved it

Highway Blossoms. If you just want a sweet, day in the life road trip adventure of a person roaming around the mid west then this is for you. I don't know how else to describe it other than it is just a happy and well told story with characters you want to learn more about and keep you engaged the entire ride. I am looking forward to playing the expansion "the next exit" But the game is just great. The art is also very high quality.

Serena. Ok this one is strange, It was made as a demo for a game that is still not out and has been in development for like 8 years. It was made by the person that made scratches with help from friends. It is a very shot game, (2 hours or so) But the concept of the way it's told, exploring a little cabin was really well done. The game doesn't have save feature, so just play it through. I'm sure there will be some surprises so i don't wanna spoil anything. It really opened my mind to a new way of telling a story.

I love the story in Spec Ops : The Line. It's a story that had a twist of plot in it where Captain Walker and his small team were looking for Konrad and in the process, they killed so many innocent people to find out in the end that Konrad had died long ago.

I love the story in Spec Ops : The Line. It's a story that had a twist of plot in it where Captain Walker and his small team were looking for Konrad and in the process, they killed so many innocent people to find out in the end that Konrad had died long ago.
I really enjoyed playing that game Spec Ops : The Line. I think that I have managed to complete the game 3 times and I still feel like playing the game all over again.

Those games sound incredible, wow! I always like it when I discover a game with a captivating plot that compels me to keep playing. I'll have to look into these games to see if they may help to improve my gaming experience. Thanks for sharing!

Back