What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

WOM (Word Of Mouth)

Wrong

Do you think word of mouth is a good way to get more active visitors on your site? WOM happens when a person joins your site and spreads the word to his friends and other people online.

Some people have called WOM the "Holy Grail of marketing". All the buzz around viral content? That's basically people putting a new name on WOM marketing. It costs nothing and it's the most powerful, trusted, valuable form of marketing anyone can ever hope for. Of course, the problem with WOM is that it's really hard to get, especially on a massive (viral) scale. A lot of it is luck, since you're basically just doing your best and hoping people will recommend you.

Do you think word of mouth is a good way to get more active visitors on your site? WOM happens when a person joins your site and spreads the word to his friends and other people online.

Some people have called WOM the "Holy Grail of marketing". All the buzz around viral content? That's basically people putting a new name on WOM marketing. It costs nothing and it's the most powerful, trusted, valuable form of marketing anyone can ever hope for. Of course, the problem with WOM is that it's really hard to get, especially on a massive (viral) scale. A lot of it is luck, since you're basically just doing your best and hoping people will recommend you.

I have asked around for advice on marketing techniques for online businesses before and one of the first things that I was told was that Word of Mouth was a very effective way to spread the word about your online business. Of course if a woman tells her sister about your online business then that woman's sister is going to trust her sister's word, and go to your website. That is the most likely, and if you tell someone about it, they may or may not visit depending on who you are to the person. But word of mouth marketing can be very effective.

Word of Mouth, in my opinion, is one of the most powerful ways of promoting your site. Everybody has some friends and they like to tell their friends about things they have found. So, what you need to do is to give them something to talk about. Done. Word of Mouth advertising set in motion pronto. New names? How about WOMP viz Word of Mouth Promotion? So you can ask something like 'How's your womping?'

Word of mouth is the best advertising you could ever ask for. It has the potential to exponentially grow your site for free. This is how big Youtube channels got that big.

If you're selling something word of mouth is the bes. People will much sooner act on something they heard from their friends then on some random ads they see.

I only had one time experience with Word Of Mouth but it was not meant for me earning online. It was for a friend who had his newly opened taverna in Greece. I was there for vacation and I saw that his business was struggling the first 4 days... One day we went to play basketball as everyone was playing football there. We made some friends from playing basketball and ask them if they can come to his taverna offering them, discounts. We thought that newly found basketball friends were all tourist but was surprised that they were locals on the place and brought an army of customers to my friends taverna! My friend was a sure winner that day and we also made some new friends. :)

Would anyone consider social media to be WOM? I think so, hence, why it is so effective. Anyway, considering some evidence suggests social media is WOM, should we focus on it more than other types - like say, PPC or SEO? Well, in the latter case, most marketers would want to lead buyers to a newsletter to develop trust - something some say is already gained via social media.

I definitely agree on this. WOM or Word of Mouth is one of the most effective strategies in making any business popular and successful. However, it won't easily happen especially if you're not an honest businessman/woman and you're not that unique of a seller. As a consumer myself and an avid online shopper, what makes me spread the word about the product I bought is the kindness of the seller, the price of the product, it's durability and how it's the same with what's advertised.

Word of mouth is the best advertising you could ever ask for. It has the potential to exponentially grow your site for free. This is how big Youtube channels got that big.

While I am not disputing the fact that word of mouth type of marketing is one of the most effective way to get people to know more about your site, I feel that there is need for us to realize that you can only make it when people that are passionate about your sites visit. The thing is to ensure that you put up interesting topics on the site and see how it goes from that angle.

Word of mouth marketing is the most effective way of marketing which is used by marketers to spread the word about their product and service to increase customers.

Visit InviteReferrals For more Details about Word of Mouth Marketing.

Word-of-mouth marketing (WOM marketing) is when a consumer's interest in a company's product or service is reflected in their daily dialogs. Essentially, is it is free advertising triggered by customer experiences — and usually, something that goes beyond what they expected.

Back