What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Why can't I find any PC's with Windows 7?

NickJ

Looking to buy a new Desktop with Windows 7 already installed. Probably a Gateway. But it seems it's easier to find Macs or laptops with Windows 7 installed than Desktops. All the ones I want brand wise have Windows 8 pre-installed. Saw one at Tiger Direct Manufacturer refurbished for $179 and the same one at New Egg for $169. But both have Windows 8. I have no interest in Windows 8. And don't wanna deal with learning a new OS all over again.

Well that is normal. Once the new version of the operating system comes out they stop selling computers with the older version.

Your best bet is you get a custom built computer from a store that sells computer components like Tiger Direct and then have them put Windows 7 on it.

I was thinking of buying that one for $179 and just asking TD if they could install Windows 7 on it or sell me one similar with Windows 7. I've seen some good ones on ebay as well. Prices are steep though. I am not looking to spend over $200 on a PC considering I don't game much if at all on it. I game hard on my consoles. PC's I use for work, writing, articles, web design, art design, etc. I don't need something with lots of bells and whistles. Nothing resource intensive.

UPDATE: I found a Manufacturer Refurbished Gateway e4610 with Windows 7 Home Premium for $139 at Newegg! Ordered it last night! Can't wait!

If you really can not find one, I suggest you building your own PC. Building your own PC is much more better because :

1. Cheaper. Building your own PC may include more work, but in the end, the price is MUCH more better.

2. Customize. Building your own PC allows you to let you choose WHAT exactly you want in a PC.

I don't know anyone would could do that. No Best Buys locally. Plus I actually heard it's more expensive to build your own PC. Takes more time as well depending on if the builder has other projects ahead of yours. Either way, I already purchased one so I am good. Just hope it gets here in one piece.

Oh god I hate windows 8! My laptop is so buggy because of windows 8 and I even have to fight with it just to get the stupid desktop mode to work. The best thing I did for my laptop was buy a mouse, because the damn pad was synched with touch abilities that cause so many problems.

I'm sure since they are pushing hard with Windows 8, retailers are shelving back their old products. But, there are tons of Windows 7 powered machines on the internet as it is still a very active OS.

I think they are starting to pace out Windows 7. Windows 10 is the new trend now so I think there are only minimal sellers of Windows 7 in the market. Try to buy on stores not in the mall, maybe there are few PC with Windows 7.

I think it's normal, They are promoting their products and showing that it's updated. You should just download the windows 7, and install it on your own if you want to use windows 7 OS.

Its because Windows will stop supporting Windows7 in two years time. I read about it in an article, and windows already declared this about a year ago. Just like any late windows versions, the windows7 system will become obsolete because of technology update and of course to be in level with other systems.

Windows 7 Professional and Windows 8 will continue to be available as a pre-installed option for select business-grade desktop and laptop computers. Unfortunately, the main drawback of this approach is that you are purchasing an entire system and not just a Windows license.

Regards,
Tony

Microsoft always makes it in such a way that it comes to a time when they will have to stop supporting the older versions of their software which is why you don't have it available on your new desktop.

Back