What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What's your favorite series on Netflix?

kathness

See lately, I've been very addicted to Netflix series. I love 13 Reasons Why and Stranger Things. 13 Reasons Why is so heavy to watch. I mean, you could really feel the burden that Hannah went through. Stranger Things is just amazing having kids as main characters. They're super cute and cunning, which makes a great cast.

I'm waiting for the next seasons so for now I want to know what other series would you recommend and why? It would be great if you can state the synopsis of the series too, if that's not too much to ask. Thank you!

I haven't watched 13 Reasons why yet but I've heard it's a good series. I'm currently addicted to Stranger Things and I'm very very excited for the third season (hope they'll release it soon). I actually find Netflix series nowadays to be more enjoyable and high quality than most US TV series aired on free TV.

Thinking about it, Jessica Jones (season 1) was actually my favorite series produced by Netflix, although I didn't like its season 2 as much. It's a Marvel series about a woman with super strength, and the show has the best TV villain in recent memory. I like how it isn't just a typical superhero show but focuses more on the character's emotional struggles and character development with great moments of action.

Other series I'd recommend, not in any order (again limiting only to Netflix-commissioned ones: those with the Netflix logo on the poster):
1. Black Mirror - basically sci-fi exploring future technology and how they can go wrong; it's a different story per episode so it's a different experience every time
2. The other Marvel series (but just Daredevil, The Defenders, and the Punisher, really)
3. A Series of Unfortunate Events - read the books as a kid, the show is a great adaptation with great casting choices. The show might be too silly for some, so watching the 1st episode will give you a feel if you'll like the series.
4. Mindhunter - I love crime/mystery shows and this takes a different approach; basically, a look at how FBI criminal profiling to identify potential killers came to be
5. Bojack Horseman - animated series about an alcoholic horse who used to be famous; it's comedy but it gets pretty deep

Thinking about it, Jessica Jones (season 1) was actually my favorite series produced by Netflix, although I didn't like its season 2 as much. It's a Marvel series about a woman with super strength, and the show has the best TV villain in recent memory. I like how it isn't just a typical superhero show but focuses more on the character's emotional struggles and character development with great moments of action.

Other series I'd recommend, not in any order (again limiting only to Netflix-commissioned ones: those with the Netflix logo on the poster):
1. Black Mirror - basically sci-fi exploring future technology and how they can go wrong; it's a different story per episode so it's a different experience every time
2. The other Marvel series (but just Daredevil, The Defenders, and the Punisher, really)
3. A Series of Unfortunate Events - read the books as a kid, the show is a great adaptation with great casting choices. The show might be too silly for some, so watching the 1st episode will give you a feel if you'll like the series.
4. Mindhunter - I love crime/mystery shows and this takes a different approach; basically, a look at how FBI criminal profiling to identify potential killers came to be
5. Bojack Horseman - animated series about an alcoholic horse who used to be famous; it's comedy but it gets pretty deep

May I ask what genre is A Series of Unfortunate Events in? I haven't really read the book so I don't have any idea what it is about. On the other hand, Mindhunter sounds interesting to me. I love crime and investigation shows so this might get me hooked. Anyways, thank you for these suggestions. I'll try to watch them all but I'd have to start with Mindhunter as it sounds pretty good to me.

@kathness I believe it's Drama and Black Comedy with a little bit of mystery and thriller. I have actually watched it and I tell you A Series of Unfortunate Events is just too good to neglect. I actually love the movie version more because of Jim Carrey because I kind of doesn't like the Count Olaf in the TV Version.

Black Mirror is definitely a must watch show! You don't have to watch it in any particular order because each episode is an independent story. Essentially the theme of the show is how technology can really mess with the human world.

My number one favorite would be Stranger Things. The plot is definitely something that I haven't seen before and I love the idea of alternate dimensions. I've always believed in them and seeing the concept being portrayed in television is a whole new experience. The casting was also great. The main characters are in middle school but, unlike most, they are not annoying because they actually have brains. They are complete nerds who are into science and inventions.

My second one is How To Get Away With Murder. It follows a lawyer, Analise Keating, who solves big cases. But she's not always on the good side. Sometimes, she helps people get away with murder and make it look like they did it because they were mentally unstable or for self-defense. Along the way, she was caught in the middle of a crime and she herself has to find a way to get away with it. It is a very interesting series and it really inspires you to take up law and be like her. As you go along, the plot thickens and everything would be so messed up. But in a good way.

@kathness I believe it's Drama and Black Comedy with a little bit of mystery and thriller. I have actually watched it and I tell you A Series of Unfortunate Events is just too good to neglect. I actually love the movie version more because of Jim Carrey because I kind of doesn't like the Count Olaf in the TV Version.

I am not into the drama genre but I think A Series of Unfortunate Events is actually good. Okay, so I would definitely watch this Netflix series now. Your review is too convincing, I tell you. I'd watch it maybe even before Mindhunter. I'm not sure how the order goes, but these two would be next in my queue of series to watch. Thank you @jaybee19.

I am not into the drama genre but I think A Series of Unfortunate Events is actually good. Okay, so I would definitely watch this Netflix series now. Your review is too convincing, I tell you. I'd watch it maybe even before Mindhunter. I'm not sure how the order goes, but these two would be next in my queue of series to watch. Thank you @jaybee19.

While the general story of A Series of Unfortunate Events is dark/supposed to be dramatic, it certainly is presented in a comedic sort of way; like I said it may appear too silly as a series to others so just watching even the 1st episode will decide if you'll like the series or not. Count Olaf (main villain) is portrayed by Neil Patrick Harris (Barney in HIMYM/Doogie Howser if you're familiar).
Mindhunter is really good but its plot is different than typical crime investigation shows (i.e. there's a crime and people try to solve it). For other shows of the similar genre available on Netflix (but not exclusively Netflix-produced), I'd add Broadchurch (more drama), Luther, and Sherlock (BBC).

You're welcome and it's glad to hear that you're convinced with my review ('cause I'm not actually that good with reviews tho). Hopefully you'll enjoy ASOUE(Acronym because it's too long), However, if you're going to watch it, I suggest you should never compare the two because you'll just end up being dis-appointed either with the movie or the tv series. Although both are different and excellent in their own ways.

My husband and I do not watch much, but we do like Stranger Things. The series gives us a good mood and positive emotions.
And yes, we prefer Netflix, as their interface and quality are very nice. I like the atmosphere and the layout, Netflix is best in comparison with any other websites. We have a big TV screen in front of our bed, which makes watching even more interesting. Normally, we watch in late evenings or at night.

Honestly, I don't watch T.V series on Netflix, because I don't want to wait for the next day or week just to watch the next episode. All I do is just to wait to finish the series and buy a copy or download it from internet and have a movie or series marathon.

I watch the Resident Evil series on Netflix recently and I would say that is the most horrible TV series that Netflix has ever released.

My favourite series on Netflix now is going to be Stranger Things. I have watched all the series from season 1 to 4. I heard they are developing the last season 5 now.

Back