What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What web hosting services to use?

apriapism

I'm going to be starting my own website fairly soon, but I don't want to be paying more than I should be. What sites do you recommend hosting for me? I've always heard to go with go-daddy.

I am a big fan of SmarterASP.net. They have a 60 day free trial and their customer service is very very good. Additionally, they are quite affordable. The biggest problem with go-daddy is that their firewalls prevent use of some database management tools if you need that sort of thing.

I'm using iPage for some of my websites and it haven't had any problems with them. You can also pay a year upfront and you get a free domain name. I've also used Hostgator and it is one of the most famous hostings out there.

These sound good. Especially SmaerterASP, I'd love to give that 60 day free trial a go. I was just looking for a cheap yet reliable hosting service.

I'm using iPage for some of my websites and it haven't had any problems with them. You can also pay a year upfront and you get a free domain name. I've also used Hostgator and it is one of the most famous hostings out there.

Did you say iPage? What a coincidence! I have just found a free reseller program which is run by iFast. Now I wonder if there is any connection between iFast and iPage. The reseller program is very well-done, too. Just submit your domain name and Presto! you are suddenly the owner of a free hosting company complete with website, home page, ordering page, the whole works.

I have used DreamHost for more than 10 years now. I have tried others as well but I always seem to come back to them. :) However, their shared hosting isn't the best... I use their dedicated server hosting.

Yes, I said iPage. I didn't know about iFast, but I'll investigate. I've always wanted to contract a reseller program so that I can offer hosting to my clients besides my web development services. Thanks for the information!

I have used Hostgator for the past two years. I must say that they are one of the best hosting companies, in my opinion that is. The support is unbeatable and the uptime is stark.

I recommend JustHost, they're a cheap and reliable shared hosting company. If you want a VPS or Dedicated server I heard Knownhost is pretty good.

Try Host1Plus! They've hosted me for a year now and have served me well! I got a domain for half price ($6.95), and web hosting for $2.95 a month! They have terrific up time, and only do server work or maintenance in the 3 or 4 am hours. If necessary at all.

I have just started using a new host. It's GeekStorage. Yes, the name doesn't exactly sound like it's run by men in suits. However their services are pretty good. For a start, their servers are run on a combination of SSD and SAS drives. The databases are on SSD while the rest of the files are on SAS. On top of that, they have put together a basket of goodies. The icing, of course, is the 30% recurring discount. So for about 5usd, I got myself a hosting plan with 5Gb space. Still early days but it looks promising.

Never heard of Geek Storage. I hope they do good business for you because web hosting companies can disappear as fast or as quickly as they appear. And sometimes their customer service can go down the drain very quickly. I used to host with webng years ago. Started off great, but then the customer service just collapsed. Whenever a problem arose, you wouldn't hear from support for days after e-mailing them. If at all ever!

I am currently using NameCheap's web hosting services for a year now and I am satisfied with their service. I also host my domains on NameCheap, which some say it is better to host your domain and web on different providers but what the heck anyways, I have not yet encountered a single problem with them and they do answer support fast.

I am currently using NameCheap's web hosting services for a year now and I am satisfied with their service. I also host my domains on NameCheap, which some say it is better to host your domain and web on different providers but what the heck anyways, I have not yet encountered a single problem with them and they do answer support fast.

Yeah I don't know where this tip/information came from, you are better off with your domain and host at a single reliable provider than you are going to another company just for the sake of it. With large companies like NameCheap I don't think there are any worries of them holding onto your domain.

Too much cross hosting can get you into trouble. Truthfully. But then again, if all the companies you're using are reliable and have proven to be, then what could it hurt?

If you are in seek of a reliable and affordable web host, I would suggest you with XnYnZ.com . This web host offer a top notch hosting service in the hosting industry at affordable cost with 24x7 customer support. Their servers are highly stable and durable with 99.% uptime ensuring hassle free hosting experience. It would be a good deal for you to sign up with them today. Good luck mate..

That name is a mouthful. XnYnZ.com? How do they expect to be successful with such a difficult to remember, and even more complicated to web-search name?

Just a note, if you don't like big hosting companies look out for big hosting companies re-sellers. I'm noticing these prices for 2.99 hosting which is good prices but you might notice the Big Guys right now are having their summer sales and little guys right now with low prices are probably re-selling the big guys.

Mark

Last edited:
  • HostGator Web Hosting. Bottom Line: HostGator is an excellent web hostingservice that's simple to use and offers an array of useful plans for consumers and small businesses. ...

Back