What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

If you could change HTML...

Shawn Gossman

If you all could change anything about HTML, what would you change and why? This is assuming that you would want to change something about the language in the first place.

The syntax for the comments. I know why they made it what it is, but it really is annoying to have to type "<!--" compared to a simple "//'.

I think I would change the <html> to \Html/.

I think that would be easier but it would change the way everything works so it's best to keep it the same.

I'd make it like html5 is going to be. No need for flash, video players you can embed. Can't wait to see more of it in action.

The syntax for the comments. I know why they made it what it is, but it really is annoying to have to type "<!--" compared to a simple "//'.

I agree. The comments should be more simple, you have to type too many characters for comments in HTML.

Definitely comment reform. I'd also change the way spacing is done.

In addition, I'd like a lot of the styling to be done through HTML without having to use CSS, while still using separate files.

I don't think I would change a thing. If I were to do that, I might as well come up with my own language. HTML is pretty easy to use once you learn it, and I wouldn't want to get completely confused by changing anything.

I would make it more user friendly and loosen up the tightness a bit. I would also make a nice rich IDE that would make HTML programming so much easier.

I wouldn't really change anything. I wouldn't change anything for the simple reason being smart people invented HTML (obviously). There was a lot of thought sent to it's development, if there were anything major to be changed, it would've already happened. That's just my belief, of course.

Above all make it less complicated for beginners, already which is a good preliminary study has not been done, should be simple and easy to use language. To do all these encodings is not simple, that some when we want a web page opted for a CMS. :p

Back