What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

IDE for HTML?

I don't use an IDE for any development related things. I find integrated development environments to be extremely bloated and clunky. Instead I recommend your friendly neighborhood text editor! Try out Sublime Text 2; it's really functional as well as aesthetically pleasing. The best part about it is that it's free! You can also get all kinds of themes and plugins for it to make it even better. Once you start with text editors you'll never go back. :)

There are plenty of them. Dreamweaver is good, so is codelobster or even NetBeans. Most of the IDEs today, not only confine themselves for HTML but can be used for various programming languages over the Internet. As such, they are not light weight. In case you are in need of a lightweight editor, try Notepad++ for windows. Coda is the best on Mac and even windows doesnt have anything near that.

I haven't used an IDE for a long time. The last time I ever used one was around 2010 and the one I used was Nvu. I believe it's no longer being maintained and its development has been discontinued. As far as I know its replacement is called KompoZer but I have never tried it.

I like using text editors for creating my sites. My favorite right now is Sublime Text 2 but lately I have been using one called Brackets and it's just mind blowing how it improves the way I write my HTML and CSS code.

I don't use an IDE for any development related things. I find integrated development environments to be extremely bloated and clunky. Instead I recommend your friendly neighborhood text editor! Try out Sublime Text 2; it's really functional as well as aesthetically pleasing. The best part about it is that it's free! You can also get all kinds of themes and plugins for it to make it even better. Once you start with text editors you'll never go back. :)

That's because HTML doesn't require compiling or debugging in the way that procedural programming languages do so a simple text editor with syntax highlighting and maybe auto-completion is good enough. Sublime text 2 looks good but I am personally not interested in paying for something when there are so many good free alternatives available.

That's because HTML doesn't require compiling or debugging in the way that procedural programming languages do so a simple text editor with syntax highlighting and maybe auto-completion is good enough. Sublime text 2 looks good but I am personally not interested in paying for something when there are so many good free alternatives available.

Sublime Text 2 is available for free. Sure you can purchase the license, but there's no need to doing so in order of using the editor. The only difference is that with the free option you are getting asked every once in a while if you would like to buy the license but if you don't buy it you can continue working. There's not any kind of limitation on the software.

I just use Notepad++. Highlighting, tabs, spellcheck for the actual text part, that's all you really need. IDEs are overpowered for such a simple language.

I prefer notepad++ (windows) and notepadqq (linux) .It is the best as when you code it also gives you the suggestion that you might use .Also you need not to run the webpage by clicking on html files but it gives you the option to run on different browsers such as chrome, mozilla Firefox and so on.

I use SublimeText because it is easy to use, has color schemes, and autocomplete features which makes the writing of the HTML tags faster.

I also use Sublime Text when coding. You could also try Notepad++. Both are free software and both of them offer many plugins and themes to choose from. You can customize them to your liking and to whatever type of programming language you'll be using them,

Back