What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Html code for Wake On LAN

Solid-dw87

Hello guys, this is my first post on the forum.

I'm a novice when it comes to code, I want to know if what I want is achievable and how it can be done.

I have a file server which is basically a Dell Tower PC running Windows 10 with file server software. The file server software allows me and selected users to access the server externally via a graphical HTTPS Web interface.

The problem is it doesn't get used an awful lot. Having the PC constantly running 24 hours seems a waste electricity for the amount of use it gets. What I want to do is keep the PC in a S3 Sleep state and wake on demand.

At the moment my Web domain points directly to the servers external IP address. Instead I'm thinking of re-routing it to a webpage hosted by a provider that allows custom Html.

Im thinking if a script can be built to:

1. When the visitor arrives at the hosted webpage, send a magic packet to the PC to wake it from S3 State.

2. After 10 seconds, allowing time for the PC to wake up, re-direct the visitor to the PC's Web interface.

Any help appreciated.
Dan

Back