What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

How to make a simple shop with a shopping basket

glitchedit

I've created a simple html/css intranet for our small business, quite happy with it.
However, i've just been asked to add a page that can have photos on of uniform with an add to basket feature, then when you click on add to basket, you go to another page which shows you what you have requested (exactly like a normal online shop) but then below you can put in your name and then press submit and it will send an email off to the person who deals with uniform and they will get the persons name and what they have asked for and how many of that thing.

Now... it sounds easy enough, but i've never done the basket side of things. I can happily put in a page with the photos and then put a drop down box under each thing with a size on them, even add an add to basket button, but its the basket side im a bit stuck with.

Has anyone got a simple template for the basket side, or even a simple shop template. I've had a look online, but all the templates either dont have the add to basket page, or the add to basket link doesnt work to get it to page, and even when getting it to work, i cant get the items to show up on that page. I've never done this before, so doing it using html, css and js is quite hard, so any help is appreciated. I get that wordpress etc would probably be easier, but i've already got this intranet up and running and find it easy to just change code.

Back