What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

How effective is blog commenting?

Wrong

Seems like a lot of people currently use this method. They go to popular blogs and post their links there. The purpose of this is, of course, to get backlinks. There are even people on Fiverr offering these services.

Now, does this really work? If so, how good is the quality of such backlinks? What's the success rate? And how do you find these non moderated blogs that eventually will help your site grow?

A blog comment is a response to a blog post that is composed at the same page as the blog post, generally right below the post content. Most blogs allow comments by any visitor and let you leave your name, email, address and a URL. The main reason is to commenting at other blogs are attention and trust. When you leave a comment at a blog, the blog owner gets as email notification. You get their attention for a moment. Ultimately you also get the brief attention of anyone who sees your comment. They may decide to visit your URL. So blog commenting generates a little traffic. And also search engines will keep track of your comment. One more reason of blog commenting is they can build trust. When you make a comment at a blog, you create an opportunity for people to trust you.

Not so sure if this method of backlinking is the most up-to-date. I mean, it was a big craze some years back - but as usual, people turned into a spamming party. Anyway, though, blog commenting, oddly enough, is making a comeback - but in a different way. This way involves the fact that the mere presence of blog comments is massively good for SEO (possibly regardless of whether backlinks are involved).

Posting links in other blogs and waiting for back links is all depends on how successful that particular blogs. Because if the visitors or readers like the blogs, they will definitely visit the links because they think that it's also related to that blogs. It's a good idea for me, specially using the popularity of the other blogs.

Seems like a lot of people currently use this method. They go to popular blogs and post their links there. The purpose of this is, of course, to get backlinks. There are even people on Fiverr offering these services.

Now, does this really work? If so, how good is the quality of such backlinks? What's the success rate? And how do you find these non moderated blogs that eventually will help your site grow?
It does really work, maybe this backlinks has its own engine to give you back the points when you are viewing or commenting on popular websites. The success rate maybe depends on the traffic of your target websites if this website is very well known and your links are attractive as well I think it will work. I think most of the website will not give moderation if the links you have posted in their site is related to the subject of the site or topic. Like online jobs website, if you post a comment there and share your links in order to collect direct referral from your current online job to earn more, its just okay for them as long as its not a spam, or your link is exactly what you are talking about and most important it is also related to online jobs.

Blog commenting has been an SEO strategy since the first time anyone opened up comments on their site in the first place. Mechanically, it's very simple in concept. Blog comments are content on a page. ... Since then, a few elements have been put into place that make it a much less viable strategy than it used to be.

Blog commenting is helpful, if you've made a comment on a blog that is similar to the niche of your website.
I have done blog commenting on Petri which helped our website o365cloudexperts to reach higher positions on Google SERP for certain keywords.
Yes, blog commenting helps if the blog commenting is done on a website whose niche is similar to yours'.
And the blog also needs to have good DA as well as PA.
I hope this helps!

If I'm being very honest I'm going to tell you that I don't really like blogs. I'm more a forum lover, so everything that I have to do online comes through it.

I don't have any knowledge on how blog commenting works. I know a little about the use of backlinks but not enough to jump in on blog commenting. I hardly visit blog websites.

Blog commenting is a very good way of driving a lot of traffic to your forum which is why a lot of people are making use of it. As long as the blog is very popular and have a lot of visitors, commenting on such blog is going to help your own forum as well.

I know very well that blog comments is still very important and effective when it comes to getting traffic from it. Blogs always have lots of activities and with your comments and backlinks, you will get lots of traffic to your site.

Perhaps, it's something that works for people who make use of it but it's certainly not my first line of action. I prefer making use of forums instead of blogs when it comes to generating traffic for my website. Unless it's a blog with heavy traffic, then I will consider it.

Back