What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

How can I live a healthy lifestyle?

kathness

So I really want to be healthy. To stop eating junkfoods or drink cola but I can't seem to do it. I always plan to but as usual, I fail. I want to be healthier so that I could lose some weight and feel lighter. But how do I do that when there are lots of temptation around me? I really need help, please comment your suggestions. Thank you.

I think if you can't avoid your self to eat junk foods or any unhealthy foods, you should find ways or time to do some exercise. Simple walk or run are enough to become healthy. You don't even need to go to the gym. You must have the strong motivation also to do that, or I think much better to find some inspiration to achieve your healthy lifestyle. Don't think about the positive goal like what will happen if you stay healthy in 5 yrs what could be your weight, instead think about what will happen if you continue eating junk foods for 5 yrs. :)

Hi. I was also like this before when I was in high school and my body weight was 80kgs. Now I am a lighter and skinnier and it also helped treat my pimples. What I did before was to just have a positive outlook about my self and my diet. I actually believe in the power of our mind. When we want to lose weight, we tend to think positively at first but end up looking for things that will cause us to gain more weight. We call it temptations and we blame them but actually we are the one to blame for falling in to temptations. As for me, I didn't limit myself from eating what I want but what I did was to make my thinking firm. I always think about the negative effects of unhealthy food and every time I see them, I just automatically ignore them and after a while I got used to it. I don't think twice when I make decisions about my food intake and that's vital in the process of dieting.

As for exercises, I didn't do any heavy exercises. I just danced to at least 4-5 songs a day. I recommend you dance to K-Pop songs because most of them require you to use all of your body parts. You don't need to copy their steps, make your own and dance randomly as if you're in a zumba class. You need to also walk everyday, at least 2 kms per day so that you'll sweat. You don't need to jog because that drains a lot of energy tho. Drink a lot of water as well because it will also help you lose your body fat. And lastly, never ever drink cold water, soda, beer, etc. because cold things contribute to increasing body fat.

I think if you can't avoid your self to eat junk foods or any unhealthy foods, you should find ways or time to do some exercise. Simple walk or run are enough to become healthy. You don't even need to go to the gym. You must have the strong motivation also to do that, or I think much better to find some inspiration to achieve your healthy lifestyle. Don't think about the positive goal like what will happen if you stay healthy in 5 yrs what could be your weight, instead think about what will happen if you continue eating junk foods for 5 yrs. :)

Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually walk to and from work about 30 minutes everyday so I think that's a good start. My problem is the eating part. I can't seem to control myself. You know food and all it's temptations. Ha, but I'll try your suggestions. Anyways, thank you so much.

Having a healthy lifestyle is one of the best thing that every people want to achieve but honestly they are difficult to achieve because we tend to prefer eating those unhealthy foods because sometimes we are just after on the taste of the certain food rather than on the nutritional value and the health benefits that it can give to us. This is really a sad realty from us, we want to achieve something but some we lack discipline to our selves which is really a big problem that we are encountering in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We tend to crave for more those unhealthy foods because mainly it is more tasty than healthy ones.

Keep on exercising and gradually increasing your intensity after every few weeks. Try decreasing your food intake, you can reduce your servings per meal or reduce the number of times you eat, only maintaining breakfast, lunch, and dinner and not eating any more snacks. Giving up junk food and soda is better, but if you can't really do it, reduce your intake or limit yourself to only eating them during weekends, or whenever suits you, or try looking for slightly healthier alternatives like fruit juices, protein snacks, even just switching to Coke zero can help.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually walk to and from work about 30 minutes everyday so I think that's a good start. My problem is the eating part. I can't seem to control myself. You know food and all it's temptations. Ha, but I'll try your suggestions. Anyways, thank you so much.

Well, it's really hard to avoid the junk foods, specially the fast foods, I really don't know how fix that problem. I think you have to make a deal with your self. Every time you will eat junk foods, it's gonna be equivalent for push up. :) and you're welcome.

Avoiding processed foods are one of the things that will endured us to a healthy lifestyle, because many people now a days love to eat processed foods which are not really good for our health and it might only lead us to some diseases.such as cancer and other major diseases. I think to become healthy is to eat natural foods and to maintain a balance diet everyday so that we will have a healthy l;lifestyle.

Start with a positive mindset. Don't think about how hard it's going to be before you even started and make sure you're doing this for the right reasons. Accept your mind and body as it is today. Don't focus on changing your shape but on feeling stronger and healthier.

When it comes to the food that you eat, plan them ahead of time and when planning a diet, make sure that it is something you can stick to for a long period of time. Don't eat too much at dinner and always remember to chew your food thoroughly. This helps you to avoid eating more than you have to and also helps with your digestion.

With the workout, I suggest you do something that you love doing. If dancing is your thing, then dance for at least 20 mins. a day, and at least 3 times a week. A workout feels less like a workout if you're actually having fun. Playing sports with your friends can also be a great alternative. Personally, I love doing yoga because not only does it condition your body physically, but it also helps redirect your mindset to a more positive one. I know exercising can be really hard but seriously, 'JUST DO IT'. Your body will thank you later on.

Don't be so hard on yourself. If you fail to do the things you want or achieve the things you wish like missing a workout or eating an extra cup of rice, forgive yourself and start over. But make sure you learn from them.

So I really want to be healthy. To stop eating junkfoods or drink cola but I can't seem to do it. I always plan to but as usual, I fail. I want to be healthier so that I could lose some weight and feel lighter. But how do I do that when there are lots of temptation around me? I really need help, please comment your suggestions. Thank you.
I know its hard to do that but you have to set it in your mind that if you continue living like that way you are also harming yourself. There is a book having a tittle "mind over matter" this contains information about how to control yourself. Remember that we are the most intelligent being don't let yourself become a slave of foods. Let your mind decide not your stomach. You have to remember that the decision you are making today will change your future. If you cant make it today you still cant make it the rest of your life. Be a slave of food or become a wise food lover. Its up to you what you want to choose.

Just set an aim, decide why you really need it.Food influences our bodies greatly, so select the right diet for yourself. There are so many exciting ways to keep fit! Try fitness, sports section, yoga, swimming, or choose among many other interesting sports solutions. There are brand new healthy cocktails that you can purchase online - just mix the powder with some milk and drink at work during the break. They are very nutritious and full of protein. You can choose different flavors, my favorite ones are mango, tomato, strawberry, coffee, cereals, and others.

Just focus and always discipline yourself. You should also start and set goals you wanted to achieve. Writing goals is an effective way to do to achieve it. Discipline also has a big role with what you wanted. Yourself is your enemy here. Be sure to avoid unhealthy foods even though it is really tempting.

Discipline is what a person needs in order to have a healthy lifestyle. If you're thinking about different kinds of diets or making big changes to your routine doesn't get you to it in the long run, you can see just how hard all of those things are in our current world. Maybe you're not actually asking yourself the right question to begin with. You should be asking yourself how should you live to achieve the healthiest body you can? the one that feels good and looks good for you to live longer, happy and healthy. I think that you don't have to change everything at the same time, you only need to discipline yourself to take small changes and taking more steps seriously each day.

well the answer is how badly you really wanted to be in a healthy life, just saying that you wanna be healthy and live a healthy lifestyle won't change anything, it will always start on yourself, don't do the extreme and immediately stop eating junk foods or drink coke.
Start slowly, don't rush everything, start with a change of pace, if before you use escalator why not do stairs, simple but slowly changing yourself.
Then try drinking coke once a day or even every other day, small steps slowly but surely.

Often the biggest deterrent to improving health is feeling overwhelmed by all the available advice and research. Try to focus first on one small, seemingly inconsequential, unhealthy habit and turn it into a healthy, positive habit. For me, a healthy positive attitude helps build a healthier immune system and boosts overall health. Your body believes what you think, so focus on the positive. If adding more fruits and vegetables sounds ominous, look to “finger food” versions that preschool kids love — carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, grapes, berries, and dried fruits. All are nutritional powerhouses packed with antioxidants.

Living a healthy life is easy when you work towards achieving it. Your body will adapt and adjust to it and it would seem like it's part and parcel of your life. Stay away from unhealthy foods, don't drink excessive alcohol and sugar. Say no to hard drugs and cigarettes because they will ruin your life and get good hour of exercise under your belt on daily or weekly basis.

Determination and discipline is the key for healthy living in my opinion, There's a lot of ways to be healthy but it all depends on how you pursue your goal. Eating healthy foods and a regular exercise is the common way of keeping yourself healthy, but without discipline and determination it would be a lost because of the temptation around us.

I still go with the principle of moderation. Too much of everything is poison and that applies to food, work, leisure, study, and a lot more things in life. At my age,I can still eat anything but only in the right amount. I am always reminded by what my mom told me about food: we eat to live and not live to eat. Even with having pleasure, it should just be the right amount. Aristotle even said that emotions should also be contained like being angry at the right time and with the right intensity, like not being too angry in small things. Moderation is the name of the game .

Back