What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Generating traffic for forum

Martinsx

Creating a new forum is the very first step in being a webmaster, and once it's done, the next important thing is generating a good traffic for the site because it's what gets your project up and running.

Most people use social media to generate traffic for their sites, backlinks, high quality content creation etc. All these seems to have a huge impact on traffic generation for one's site.

What other ways would be best to generate traffic for a new forum?

I actually don't think social media is that great of a promotion tool anymore for forums (and that's just for forums, social media works for sites/blogs and businesses). I think that the fact that social media is actually one of the causes of forums dying out a bit recently is a clear indication that using it to try and get people to join your forum isn't going to work.

I think one of the best ways to generate traffic is actually other forums. Buying advertising spots or just using the promotional sections can work for you really well if done properly.

I actually don't think social media is that great of a promotion tool anymore for forums (and that's just for forums, social media works for sites/blogs and businesses). I think that the fact that social media is actually one of the causes of forums dying out a bit recently is a clear indication that using it to try and get people to join your forum isn't going to work.

I think one of the best ways to generate traffic is actually other forums. Buying advertising spots or just using the promotional sections can work for you really well if done properly.

Your point is actually a very noticeable one from my observation of what is going on with advertising on forums lately. You would notice some posters with a signature to their own forum and there is every good chance of other forum members checking out such forums.

Personally, I'm quite sure that I have gotten into more than 5 forums from seeing its signature advertising on other forums.

EO tactics can be applied to your forum in order to increase traffic and ... with advertising a web page or web site and generating more traffic,

Back