What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Clients from Hell?

djarum1

I assume most of you are familiar with the Clients from Hell site. So, any horror stories doing development for companies or individuals?

Nobody's done anything here yet? I'll start.

I was trying to get paid from a certain client, who said he couldn't pay me right then because he was out of town. I ended up complaining about it to a friend of mine, who said he'd buy me a drink at a bar downtown. We head down there, walk into our favorite bar...and who do we see watching the football game with a dozen of his buddies? My "out of town" client. He saw me, I saw him, it was really awkward. I decided not to say anything, just gave him a nod and sat down with my friend with a pitcher. Not 15 minutes later my client comes up to me, tries to make awkward small talk and hands me a check for the full amount plus a little extra.

Needless to say, never worked for him again. I got plenty more if you want to hear.

Well, not exactly from Hell, but I could have done without such clients. I met him when I was running my own computer shop. He brought in a computer which couldn't boot up properly. I took it apart and put it back together again. This time, the computer died completely. He demanded that I make his computer work again. I told him the truth which was that his computer was already very well past its working life, going by the components I saw in it. He took it very hard and kept coming round to my shop every few days hoping I could perform some kind of miracle.

This is my very first time of hearing about this site called Clients from Hell. I'm not sure if I would be interested in looking them up. The name is a complete turn off for me.

Back