What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Browser compatibility and CSS hacks

Wrong

Are you the kind of admin that cares about browser compatibility, or do you force the people who use older, outdated browsers to upgrade in order to visit your site?

If you're the kind of admin that cares, have you ever looked into CSS hacks to make your site be properly displayed in old IE versions, such as 6, 7 and even 8?

I have, and it sure was a pain in the butt...

No, I haven't looked into that aspect of site development yet. At the moment I just check with the current versions of Firefox, Chrome and Opera. I don't even check for compatibility with IE.

I am always mindful of compatibility issues, but do not provide support for IE version 8 or lower. IE8 was released in 2009 - anyone using that browser probably thinks the internet is really ugly anyway. :)

Back