What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Best sites to learn web development for free?

Hi guys!

I would like to know the best sites to learn web development for free. Do you have favorite websites that you always go to whenever you want to learn more web technologies online? I've found some video tutorial websites but sadly they only offer paid content. If they offer free videos, those are only introductory stuff.

As of now, I only go to W3Schools if I want free tutorials. Can you share your free tutorials sources to save money from buying paid ones?

Thanks!

You can watch some free tutorials on YouTube. There are lots of free tutorials there with different instructors and offering advance free lessons. But if you're looking for having a certificate, you're gonna need to enroll in online courses. If ever you can't still find what you're looking for, might as well buy books to learn deeper lessons on web development.

aside from w3schools I watched videos on youtube. You can find a lot of tutorials on youtube. I agree with aecel that you can buy books if you want, but you can find almost everything you want in the internet nowadays for free.

You can watch some free tutorials on YouTube. There are lots of free tutorials there with different instructors and offering advance free lessons. But if you're looking for having a certificate, you're gonna need to enroll in online courses. If ever you can't still find what you're looking for, might as well buy books to learn deeper lessons on web development.
I don't think YouTube or books is at all a good idea, to be honest. Web development is one topic that is much better hands on. Whilst watching YouTube videos and tutorials might help you to learn about a few different coding techniques, it's much better to use one of those sites where it teaches you something and then lets you code it to try it out. And I don't think books would help at all really, it would be worse than using YouTube to learn web development. Books are a very old-fashioned and outdated way of learning to code and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because it's not going to teach you anything useful that websites can't.

I don't think YouTube or books is at all a good idea, to be honest. Web development is one topic that is much better hands on. Whilst watching YouTube videos and tutorials might help you to learn about a few different coding techniques, it's much better to use one of those sites where it teaches you something and then lets you code it to try it out. And I don't think books would help at all really, it would be worse than using YouTube to learn web development. Books are a very old-fashioned and outdated way of learning to code and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because it's not going to teach you anything useful that websites can't.
But how are you gonna learn if you don't have any reference at all? It's like attending school first, where you can learn basic on how to write and read. He doesn't have a money to enroll in those sites that offer advanced learning program he's seeking for free tutorials. But you're right if you really want to learn deeper in web development you must find a good site where they can teach advance lessons but it requires money.

But how are you gonna learn if you don't have any reference at all? It's like attending school first, where you can learn basic on how to write and read. He doesn't have a money to enroll in those sites that offer advanced learning program he's seeking for free tutorials. But you're right if you really want to learn deeper in web development you must find a good site where they can teach advance lessons but it requires money.
Which is why I recommended using sites that have been built to teach programming languages. These sites provide screenshots, videos and editors for you to work alongside the guides and tutorials which makes them a lot better using just YouTube to learn web development. And you don't need to have any money because there are several sites out there that do this for FREE including Codecademy. There are various sites that offer free tutorials actually and most of them are excellent sources for learning web development.

Which is why I recommended using sites that have been built to teach programming languages. These sites provide screenshots, videos and editors for you to work alongside the guides and tutorials which makes them a lot better using just YouTube to learn web development. And you don't need to have any money because there are several sites out there that do this for FREE including Codecademy. There are various sites that offer free tutorials actually and most of them are excellent sources for learning web development.
I will follow your advice then. I'll try Codeacademy or other free websites that actually teaches you to code by letting you do exercises or activities. I always search YouTube first when I need to learn something in the past. I'll try this method to spice things up. Who knows, maybe this method of learning will be very effective for me. :)

I agree with what Ash said and would definitely point towards Codeacademy. Not sure if aecel has ever used it, but it does a good job of explaining and breaking down the concepts it is teaching you how to use. Sort of like a hands-on eBook. I would use it in conjunction with documentation and maybe a more advanced textbook somewhere down the road. Once you get enough knowledge to where you are comfortable doing things on your own, you can plan out a project and then directly use the extensive language documentation available on the Internet to implement certain functionalities.

HTML forum is one of them. I also want to recommend searching textbooks in PDF formats on google. Actually I greatly recommended it. Because it is the best teacher you can find out there. Programming is usually taught by videos by example. Just search what you want to learn on youtube. The great feature of it is it availability, accessibility and of course it free price. That makes it better than other paid tutorial website. But there are also a lot of PDF/epub/word format tutorials online just search the topic and google will surely assist you. Do not stick to one website because there is no actually a single best website out there. Some of the youtube channels I know are 'coding ninjas' and 'the newboston'.

I think you should see the videos on you tube. There are so many free tutorial on you tube . You can easily learn form their and also you learn the coding from books available on the internet in the form of pdf ...

YouTube is the best resource to learn Web development, and follow some useful websites like W3Schools, TutorialsPoint, and Udemy... etc. These websites are helpful to learn web development...

The best sites to learn web development for free are:

1. freeCodeCamp.
2. Codecademy.
3. Udemy.
4. Mozilla Developer Network.
5. The Odin Project.
6. YouTube.
7. CS-50.
8. Reddit.

One of the best websites that I know that offers both free and paid courses in website development is Udemy. I have been making use of both their services and they are very good.

I mainly use YouTube but you can't always get all the information you need in detail on YouTube so I just purchase some courses on udemy.

1. Udemy. ...
  2. Codeacademy. ...
  3. MDN Web Docs (free) ...
Codecademy worked very well for me years ago when I used the website services in learning how to code and programming. There was nothing that I couldn't learn on the site. I'm not sure if it's still good now compared to how it used to be.

I started out with using YouTube but I wasn't getting all I needed. It's then that I had to switch to using Codecademy and it was a very good decision. I learnt so much using Codecademy.

Back