What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Best programming language to learn for an aspiring freelancer?

vpatella

I think with enough skill, nearly any programming language is a valuable asset to have for someone interested in freelancing. Being able to create software that others cannot create themselves is quite valuable in this century. What I'm wondering is what you all think is in the highest demand right now? Are people looking mostly for web developers? Is HTML enough for web developers, or are people looking for a programmer that is also proficient in CSS and/or JavaScript?

What about software development? Most programmers know the pros and cons of each development language, but what I don't often hear discussed is the demand of each language in the market. Where does game development play a part?

I have actually been learning JavaScript for a while and I am catching up. From my experience with it so far, I believe that it is the best one for you to start up with.

The best programming language to learn for freelancers are:

1. Python.
2. JavaScript.
3. PHP.
4. Ruby.
5. Swift

Personally, I find the use of Javascript to be the best when it comes to the first programming language anyone who's new do programming should first get used to. It's where I started and I had it easy.

1. Python.
2. JavaScript.
3. PHP.
4. Ruby.
5. Swift
For a newbie in programming to master all those programming languages, he's no longer a newbie but a pro. I only know Python and Javascript now. I'm still trying to learn CSS.

This are really good recommendations and it's been my desires to learn and even master the art of computer programming.

1. Python.
2. JavaScript.
3. PHP.
4. Ruby.
5. Swift
I have been able to learn Javascript, Python and CSS. I'm keeping it at those one's for now. Whenever there's need for me to upgrade on my programming languages, I would know which one to get under my belt.

Back