What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Any Good Place or Book for Learning Object Oriented PHP?

SimplySidy

I have been on a few sites which boast to teach PHP for free. They are good o doubt, but I have failed to find a place with any good stuff on Object Oriented PHP. The ones out there are basic stuff which teach you Classes,Objects and the Base concepts. Where they all fail is - How the heck you start creating a website using the Object Oriented Techniques of PHP. Maybe anyone around knows such a site/book and is willing to share.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have been on a few sites which boast to teach PHP for free. They are good o doubt, but I have failed to find a place with any good stuff on Object Oriented PHP. The ones out there are basic stuff which teach you Classes,Objects and the Base concepts. Where they all fail is - How the heck you start creating a website using the Object Oriented Techniques of PHP. Maybe anyone around knows such a site/book and is willing to share.

Whenever I pass over the web development section at my local book store I never find any shortage of books on this subject. A lot of them give code/solutions in the book for common projects in web development.

Here's a few I found on amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/PHP-Object-Or...3&sr=8-1&keywords=object+oriented+php+website

http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-My...3&sr=8-3&keywords=object+oriented+php+website

Personally, I've always been a fan of "Head First" coding books.

I read Sitepoint's PHP & MySQL Novice to Ninja and while it's not the best to learn object orientation it has a really nice introduction to OOP concepts with PHP. But maybe that's not what you are looking for hehe

While Edwin Diaz does have a few bad coding practices, he does do one hell of a good job at teaching the fundamentals. Well worth the money.

While Edwin Diaz does have a few bad coding practices, he does do one hell of a good job at teaching the fundamentals. Well worth the money.
Some of his techniques are sloppy but he does offer a solid course on the fundamentals. As long as you know not to mimic his bad practices.

Back