What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

When You Can't Get to Sleep

I watch Netflix or read books when I can't sleep (and I don't have to wake up for anything the next day), but I usually just drink milk or plain water and listen to relaxing music to help me sleep.

You guys need to figure out why it is you're having trouble sleeping. If I can't sleep, a hot shower knocks me right out.
Good for you. Cold and hot shower actually don't have any effect for me. The only think to knock me off and to have a peaceful sleep is beer. or any liquor beverages, It helps a lot. I tried everything music meditation, foods, but still not working.

When do I often can't sleep?It is when we are rushing a school project for our system and there are still some errors that needs to be taken care of, but we are having a hard time to find a solution on it and we are running out of time. During the checking or the presentation, I can only tell through my mind, 'that's why important things could't just done on a rush especially if it is about programming project'.

I normally don't have sleeping issues, but if I'm not able to sleep for some reason, I tend to watch Youtube videos. So I take out my smartphone and watch my favorite videos until I fall asleep!

When I can't sleep I would do the following things:

1) Turn on the Air Conditioner when it's hot.
2) Read a book or a comic book to make me sleepy.
3) Count backwards starting from 100.

Prior to sleeping, in order for me to get a good night's rest I would
turn off all gadgets an hour before sleeping and take a shower.

What do I do when I can't sleep? I start counting sheeps. I know it's kind of childish but I still do. I also do the breathing strategy where you inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. The latter is really effective though.

If I couldn't sleep I listen to classical musics. Listening to classical music helps my brain relax and I feel like I'm floating in the air. Plus it helps you fight anxiety and stress and surely you'll wake up with a more productive day.

I just watch movies in my phone and eventually in the morning, I realized that I fell asleep. My phone's battery is always drain at morning when this is happening.

I turn off wifi by midnight so that everyone in the house will go to sleep. But before doing that, I told my kids the importance of having the right number / kind of sleeping hours that our body needs. I have to do that so that my move will be a rational one and that they will be able to understand. Setting limits is part of our discipline. I have been dong this for almost a year now and I should say with success because everybody in the house hits the sack by midnight. There are no exceptions, It's a 24/7 rule. The next good thing I plan is for us to have a no-wifi-day wherein we'll all be reading books and do the much needed household chores, preferably on a Saturday or a Sunday.

If I can't get to sleep then probably I'm hungry! Thinking so much at night before going to sleep makes you wide awake. I guess eating can solve it, just put something light in your stomach and you're good to go or drink milk if you are not lactose intolerant. There are lot's of things that makes a person can't get to sleep yet. Maybe thinking about a big day happening the next day or it would also be stress like things did not end up well for you and you're having a bad evening. At the end of the day, you can always do something about it. Just pamper yourself and think that everything's going to be alright. At least you'll be waking up to another day for another chance to take.

whenever I am in bed and trying to get some sleep and I still feel awake, I tend to read books I find that whenever I read books I get dizzy and wanting to fall asleep.
If books are no use I try to do some workout that would make me really tired and that would make me sleep when I lay on the bed.
I also try to take a good warm bath, well refreshing feeling is also a good way to feel sleepy faster.

It's a good question because there are times when you can't sleep and you don't really know why. But there are general reasons for not getting fast asleep. Not doing anything significant the whole day can be a good reason. I mean if you're tired doing some work or project sleeping wouldn't be much of a problem because you'll doze off naturally and in no time. Another is a big problem bothering you like serious work-related issues that can mean your termination. Now, that can be a cause for losing sleep. But sometimes you just gaze at the ceiling of your room for many hours. In those cases, I resort to prayer and I pray until I get to sleep. And it works.

Before I have a hard time falling asleep but practicing relaxation techniques before bed is a great way for me to wind down, calm the mind, and prepare for sleep. I just close my eyes and imagine a place that’s calming and peaceful.

Whenever it happens that I can't sleep, I would jump on my Playstation 4 console and use it to kill time. If my hands gets sore from playing, I'll jump on movies.

It is never easy when you cannot sleep at night because it will make you to be very frustrated most of the time since your body is not getting enough rest. It is something that requires a medical attention as quickly as possible so that it doesn't compromise your health.

Before I have a hard time falling asleep but practicing relaxation techniques before bed is a great way for me to wind down, calm the mind, and prepare for sleep. I just close my eyes and imagine a place that’s calming and peaceful.
I have also been learning how to get into meditation I'm practicing yoga whenever I am finding it very difficult to sleep at night and it has been very helpful for me since I started doing it.

Back