What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What Was Your First Website Like?

LindaKay

What was your very first website like? Are any of the websites that you make now anything like your first site? Do you miss any of the elements of the sites that you used to make?

I remember when frames were the "big thing" for a while. I was so proud of myself when I learned how to use them, and I always felt a little snobby when I saw sites that didn't know how to use them correctly. What a brat I was! I definitely don't miss frames, clip art graphics, etc, but I do miss the simplicity of the Web in a way.

My first website compared to my website now was terrible lol! For my status back then it was good but now that I look back, meh. Bad. But I am just glad I was knowledgeable enough to advanced with the times and now I have a great site! More financially fluid as well!

My first website was terrible, I messed things up because I was a newbie. Thankfully, I met a techie who helped with some correction and mentored me to the level I am now. When I do a throw back to my learning days, I thank God a lot and also laugh at my work then.

My first attempt at a website was a "website in a box" scam I saw on TV. Anyway, lack of marketing knowledge trashed it, though it was a fun experience.

Now, my 2nd attempt was more like a real attempt cause I used actual HTML knowledge. It was a guitar chord website and despite the fact I can play well, the website was horrible! I mean, at that time, my coding skills were very low and also I had no clue about website applications (This was the 2000s..).

Back