What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What makes JavaScript stand out from other programming langauges?

vpatella

By that I mean, why should I learn it? What functionality does it serve that makes it an asset with so many other languages available? Do you think it's necessary to learn other languages before beginning with JavaScript, and if so what languages are similar and useful to have in your repertoire beforehand?

Java script helps create unique applications, applets, and servlets. It particularly helps to build a basic user interface that handles simple end user input, enables users to read data from and write data to files and databases, and also to send and receive data over the network.

The independence the Java platform makes it so used. Programs can run on several different types of computer; as long as the computer has a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed, a Java program can run on it.Most types of computers will be compatible with a JRE including PCs running on Windows, Macintosh computers, Unix or Linux computers, and large mainframe computers, as well as mobile phones.Since it has been around for so long, some of the biggest organisations in the world are built using the language. Many banks, retailers, insurance companies, utilities, and manufacturers all use Java.

Some may find java and javascript as one thing no different to each other. But NO they are not the same. JavaScript is for the interactivity of website. You can't actually interact a website with just HTML and CSS. That is why javascript stands out because it is a back end language. If you want your website to be interactive, then you should learn to use javascript.

Some may find java and javascript as one thing no different to each other. But NO they are not the same. JavaScript is for the interactivity of website. You can't actually interact a website with just HTML and CSS. That is why javascript stands out because it is a back end language. If you want your website to be interactive, then you should learn to use javascript.

True! Java and JavaScript are completely different languages. Most of the website's today, especially that are built upon a framework are using JavaScript. It makes the website more dynamic. JavaScript is also used for creating game engines in both web and mobile. Just like Unity3D, JavaScript can be used for creating games. Bootstrap is a CSS library that also uses JavaScript.

One thing that makes javascript very efficient is because it's very very versatile and very lightweight. The ability of javascript to create and integrate in different platforms is what makes it very useful and in demand.

One thing that makes javascript very efficient is because it's very very versatile and very lightweight. The ability of javascript to create and integrate in different platforms is what makes it very useful and in demand.
I use my codes on multiple sites, it's really efficient. I can just take a part I need then use it to my current project. It is always saves me a lot of time and effort. I am really a fan of this back end language.

JavaScript is quite easy to learn compared to other languages because you can easily do an app with just a few numbers of lines. If you compare it to other programming languages, you need more lines to accomplish what would have been very easy for JavaScript. It is a great language to learn for beginners because it is easier than other languages.

Generally, people will opt for what is easy to use while getting top-quality benefits. Java is not only encompassing but relatively simple and easy to use.

JavaScript was only interpreted at one time but is now often run through a JIT compiler Java is statically typed, while JavaScript is dynamically typed Java is strongly typed, while JavaScript isn't. Both Java and JavaScript support many other languages.

Back