What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What is CloudFlare for? Do you use it?

Hello everyone!

I would like to know if you are using CloudFlare for your site. What is it really for? I think 2/5 sites that I am visiting nowadays always have them on their sites. It does some checks when I arrive at their website's landing page. Does it help defend against spammers? attackers?

Thanks! :)

I don't use it but some say it's useful to prevent DDOS attacks. Anyway, though, I don't use it cause the threat of a DDOS attack is too low to justify the price. However, though, if I had a site that was big and/or controversial, it could be a good investment due to all the trolls out there.

CloudFlare is more than DDOS protection. It is a layer between your website and the internet. It filters your traffic, helps reduce load on your server, caches images, keeps your website "online" if it goes down, and much more. Think of it more as a CDN than a DDOS firewall. It started out as a DDOS firewall, but it has added many more features in recent years which make it essential for a medium sized website.

I've just known Cloudflare when I studied the basics of SEO. I'm not really an expert on this but it helps to load your website faster. Once you register your website on Cloudflare, you will be given a new DNS that you are going to use. And your website will be rendered from Cloudflare server which makes it faster to load.

If you always have DDOS attacks on your website, it's very important to make use of CloudFlare. This is because it's very efficient in putting up security measures to stop the attack.

Hello everyone!

I would like to know if you are using CloudFlare for your site. What is it really for? I think 2/5 sites that I am visiting nowadays always have them on their sites. It does some checks when I arrive at their website's landing page. Does it help defend against spammers? attackers?

Thanks! :)
It helps to prevent your websites from getting hacked or spammed. Websites that usually have lots of traffic always face such attacks and it's why they use CloudFlare.

If your website is always under DDOS attack, it's very important to make use of CloudFlare. It will verify every connection that wants to access your website.

Back