What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

What does the community here think about Codecademy?

Mesmond

I post this thread here as I don't think it really fits any of the other subforums, as on codecademy you can learn not only HTML and CSS but many other languages as well.

So what do you think about it? Have you used it, did you really learn the material presented and how effective was the learning method used on the site?

I used it for basic html knowledge and beginning to learn CSS and absolutely loved it. It's easy to use, not to mention free. I felt like it was really geared toward teaching lasting knowledge because it reuses items learned over and over so that you'll remember how to do them. My favorite thing about it, though, was that it showed your work in the browser which made it easy to see what changes were being made.

It was great at the time of this thread. It's now gone to the pits with money-grabbing additions. I'd love it to go back to its grass routes.

I recently started an online course with Udemy on programming. Everything seems to be working well for now. I'm very sure that with time, I'm going to be up to speed with learning more on HTML and CSS.

I love coding and I'm doing everything to learn it. It's something that's paying people a lot of money now. I know that I'm going to succeed at it.

This is my first time of hearing about codecademy if I'm being very honest. I haven't used it but if it's something that's still good when it comes to learning more about HTML and coding, I will look into it.

It was great at the time of this thread. It's now gone to the pits with money-grabbing additions. I'd love it to go back to its grass routes.
Seriously, it's a very big shame the road which they decided to take with respect to how they began to run the project. It was also part of the reason why I had to quit making use of it and moved on completely.

Back