What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

trying to put html examples in a html page, but page reads it as html and renders it

Natdizzle

was hoping to find a html tag like <cody> where i could put html examples in and not have it rendered by the page.. any suggestons?

Well, I guess, the error lies in the tag itself - as there is no <cody> tag in HTML. What you can do to put up code in the HTML is use the <pre> tag which renders text as is (that means non-formatted). If you want to do it as they do on many blogs out there, you would have to use plugins and scripts instead (these would normally have a black background and the code would get displayed in mix of green and white - that is default setting for some and it can be changed).

okay <pre sounds like what im looking for > i guess what im going to do is put the html in a text editor and find and replace the brackets "," with the correcthtml embeded equailvelent.. i.e. &nbsp = "space" " " and will render

Back