What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Paying for marketing

vpatella

How necessary do you guys think it is to pay for marketing/advertising? Do you think a creative ad campaign that uses its budget to catch the Internet's attention rather than paying for the ad itself to be seen is better than shelling out cash?

I've discussed before how I'm not a fan of paid advertising content that is clearly in my face trying to sell me a product. If someone creatively finds a way to market their product or service I'd be less upset and more likely to check it out. I personally would never hand out very much cash to spread the word about my product or service because I just can't imagine people becoming interested in something simply because they saw a small ad on a page. I'd rather come up with something more interesting and do a campaign myself.

I personally would never hand out very much cash to spread the word about my product or service because I just can't imagine people becoming interested in something simply because they saw a small ad on a page. I'd rather come up with something more interesting and do a campaign myself.

I have mixed feelings on the issue. On one hand, yeah, there needs to be soft-selling before the final, but then again, maybe a hard in-your-face approach is better. Either way, at the end, the buyer needs to sign up for some sort of list like email, social media, etc. That's because people normally don't buy on the first sales pitch (buying cycle).

I actually think that paid advertisements are effective and much more appealing to consumers especially if you'll put it in to popular social media and streaming sites. Take for example YouTube. I'm actually addicted to YouTube that I almost memorize all the brands that come out of the videos I watch, and with that I can say that it is effective. Even if it really is irritating and annoying sometimes, it actually give consumers knowledge about the product and its identity. If this knowledge will be kept in the consumers' memory, when they'll look for products similar to what was advertised, they'll definitely opt for the product they saw on YouTube.

I have mixed feelings on the issue. On one hand, yeah, there needs to be soft-selling before the final, but then again, maybe a hard in-your-face approach is better. Either way, at the end, the buyer needs to sign up for some sort of list like email, social media, etc. That's because people normally don't buy on the first sales pitch (buying cycle).

Fair enough, you clearly know more about this field than I do. I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of a consumer rather than a marketer or analyst. My product is art, and advertising and marketing art without having an industry connect is more of a creative process than a technical one.

Fair enough, you clearly know more about this field than I do. I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of a consumer rather than a marketer or analyst. My product is art, and advertising and marketing art without having an industry connect is more of a creative process than a technical one.

Creativity is also good and I am into a similar thing. Nonetheless, marketing is all the same, whether SEO tools or art. Anyway. do you mean selling out your style for a buck? Well, that would be bad, but I'm sure there are ways around it.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm not necessarily talking about selling out. I'm just talking about my perceived distinctions in the advertising world. I can't remember the last time I saw a pop-up advertisement for some local band performing nearby, you know what I mean? That type of advertisement seems to be owned by the corporate world. Of course artists have to advertise their products, but I think the way that they must go about such a thing is distinct from corporate advertising. Think television ads.

It is a tough thing to do because no one wants to just throw around money for things. The biggest problem with this I think is that most people believe that they can actually do the marketing aspect for their site or business by themselves even though a lot of people don't actually have the necessary experience or knowledge to do the marketing effectively. I understand why a lot of people want to do this because it does feel a bit like you are just throwing away money when you pay for marketing and advertising. But you do have to do if you can't do it yourself as it can help out your business/site a lot.

I pay for most of the ads I carry out on Facebook for my business because it helps me to make more sales. There are so many customers that I get from advertising my business on Facebook which is something that I've always had a budget for.

Back