What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Most Common Graphic Design Tools

slap2dgroove

By the time of Tang Dynasty, printing manuscripts were introduced. Visuals or images have been printed on a piece of cloth or even a paper. Therefore, print media already exist from the beginning of the civilization. Graphic design is a process of creating visuals that mix the disciplines of art and technology. Graphic designers are those who has artistic visibility, competitive skill and expertise. Graphic design is being applied for both online and print media (e.g. magazine, fanzines).

Creative graphic designing is being manipulated by the designer and their effective tools in giving the best of the best pictures posted in a magazine or even in the animated media. Without these tools, there will be no attractive logos or print ads shown all over the world. As the modernization process inclines better technology , it implies good and competitive design.

Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is one of the most popular and effective tools in assembling your designs. Most of the freelancers today are using this. Adobe photoshop’s CS6 emerges as the most useful graphic design tool. Its features or add-ons broadens the up-to-date initiative in making visual media. However, photoshop has trial and paid version but if you have a paid version of this product you will be guaranteed to have the most competitive design ever.

CorelDraw
CorelDRAW has the capacity in managing multiple pages along with multiple master layers. Multipage documents are user-friendly and the Corel print engine enables to process booklet and other imposition therefore, simple printers can be used amazing photo finish. You may download CorelDraw at their website but this could be so expensive but you may download the trial version. CorelDraw Graphics Suite X6 is the new version that has the selling price of $499 and it has a 30 day money back guarantee.

X Designer Pro 7
Being a graphic designer, you will need to edit photos efficiently, layout pages for both online and print media and create vector images that makes and assures the professional build of your output. Xara has a solution for you: Designer Pro 7.

Now that you have known some graphic design tools that may enhance your visual sensitivity. Start to make more competitive design with these tools and make more money online.

I've used both Photoshop and CorelDraw and I they have both allowed me to do all kinds of design. I mostly stick to Photoshop CS5 for most of what I do, whether it's creating a header for a new site or editing a photo's color, saturation, brightness, etc. levels and even photomanipulation.

If anyone's just getting started with graphic design, I'd suggest something a little more basic like GIMP or Paint.NET, by the way. Those were the ones I used before even downloading PS.

I've used both Photoshop and CorelDraw and I they have both allowed me to do all kinds of design. I mostly stick to Photoshop CS5 for most of what I do, whether it's creating a header for a new site or editing a photo's color, saturation, brightness, etc. levels and even photomanipulation.

If anyone's just getting started with graphic design, I'd suggest something a little more basic like GIMP or Paint.NET, by the way. Those were the ones I used before even downloading PS.

I totally agree with your suggestion to start with GIMP or Paint.NET when you are still starting in Graphic Designing. I started with CorelDraw, its the first Graphic Design Software I got introduced but up to now it takes me about half an hour to finished tasks which Im able to do 30 seconds with CS6.

I use GIMP for my design work. It's much more lightweight then photo shop, seeing as I won't be using most of the functionality anyway. Also it's open source and free.

I agree with janvanaa about using GIMP, but not necessarily about its limitations. I use all open source for almost everything I do with a computer. The current limitations are for DeltaCad, Alibre and Sketchup. I have to use those because of the limitations of current open source CAD programs.

As far as I can tell about the limitations of GIMP they are mostly due to treating the software like it was presented here. If you already have assumptions about limitations you aren't going to explore it to find out.

This is a good list, but I'd just like to add my favorite which is Adobe Illustrator, I use it almost exclusively. I admit it's features might not be as easy to learn and they might even seem limited at times, but the results I get from it are the ones I like the most since they turn up a lot crisper in my opinion. My favorite feature on this is that I don't have to be too worried with the designs getting distorted if or when I decide to resize them, since this program deals more with vectors as opposed to pixels.

As of the moment, Photoshop is really what I can rely to in terms of graphic designing. But I guess I need to start trying other tools like what you all mentioned in this thread. I'm still a noob with regards to graphic designing and certainly will try GIMP and CorelDraw. Great thread though.

When it comes to designing tools, Adobe has the most comprehensive designing tools. Adobe's designing tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign are widely used. Adobe Photoshop is considered the best graphic designing tool. GIMP, which is often called free Photoshop is also a popular Graphic designing tool.

I personally used Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator for my Graphic Design projects. Knowledge of Photoshop can help me create digital paintings, edit photos in mesmerizing ways. Illustrator is a lifesaver for people like me who make logos, posters and illustrations.

I stick with Adobe Photoshop always. I have done some creative designs on Photoshop that have earned me quite a lot of qualitative commendations from people that matter. Since Photoshop works for, In have decided to stick strictly with it

Back