What's new

Looking to learn javascript? Have a look!

Thanks for compiling all these, I'm having a look right now!

Edit: Wow these are really in depth. I was expecting a couple basics pages, but these are full courses!

Lernia

thank you! This will be an easy start to learn scripting, especially webmonkeys that was really good, instructive and easy.

I must learn javascript when I run my own website now ;)

Can I ask? What is Javascript best used for? I'm looking to start front end designing, but I want to know - is javascript useful for that or only back end programming? Thanks!

Can I ask? What is Javascript best used for? I'm looking to start front end designing, but I want to know - is javascript useful for that or only back end programming? Thanks!
Javascript isn't really used for back-end. It's used for front-end (libraries such as jQuery) and functionality. It's also used with HTML5 to draw things to the canvas. You CAN use JavaScript for back-end if you use something like node.js, but even node.js isn't suitable for everything.

aditk8149

This is a very important share! :)
Thank you very much for that!

I think each of these sites are sufficient enough to give an overall understanding of how JS works. In a nutshell, sometimes it might come handy to an expert in the technology.

Thanks for your compilation. I'm wondering if there is a particular resource that you believe to be the most useful? I guess it would make sense to just grab one and go for it, but I'd like to get some inside opinions from someone who has looked into them.

I'd also like to add TheNewBoston's youtube channel he has a ton of web technology tutorial videos and it is where I learn how to be a developer. I started watching his HTML, JS, CSS, and PHP.

Among those links you listed here, I only know about w3cschools. How funny of me to just learn one source. Anyway, I'll try those other links you mentioned, and I guess I'll improve searching habit.

Thank you so much for generously sharing this piece of information. You are one of those in this forum that make me realise my objective of being a member here. What you shared is of great help to me.

I have had to review the information time and time again. I have learnt a great deal and put many lessons I have learn by the information you shared.

Thanks for sharing the links. I have enrolled for JS course on udemy, however, owing to my hectic schedule I am yet to get started with the course. I will check the tutorials the OP has shared and I will also try to find time to start my udemy course.