What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

List items in SELECT box have suddenly become double-spaced

JeffG

The list items in every SELECT dropdown on the WAMP system I wrote and maintain (voluntarily) have suddenly become double-spaced.
It can't be anything to do with my code or anything I have changed recently since my laptop running a very old version of the system is exhibiting the same phenomenon.
I am hoping that someone here can shed light on the matter, because I am at a loss to understand what is happening. There must be a logical explanation, surely?

Edit: It turns out that the problem (for me) is not specific to that system - it's any drop-down anywhere, as the example in the follow-up post demonstrates.

Last edited:
OK - I've attached a simple HTML file. (I can't attach it with the .htm file type, so please save it and change the file type from .txt to .htm)
How does it appear to you when you click on the down arrow?

When I click on the down arrow, the options appear double spaced, like this:
options.jpg

This is the code:
HTML:
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<body>
<select>
<option value="a">Option a</option>
<option value="b">Option b</option>
<option value="c">Option c</option>
<option value="d">Option d</option>
</select>
</body>
</html>

Attachments

• test.txt
    285 bytes · Views: 1
Hmm. I have just tried that file on my Linux system and the spacing is just fine. So maybe it's some obscure Windows problem that's been introduced with a recent update. It's definitely a recent problem.

Back