What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Is a Geezer Geek Welcome Here?

Ahr Aitch

I don't think I introduced myself here. If I did, my apologies for asking you to suffer reading it again.
I'm 81 yo and retired after a career in IT that started in the mid-60s when punched cards were king. I started as a mainframe computer operator in a bank and proceeded to operations manager, programmer, systems analyst, project manager, and at the end of my career as CIO for a multi-state bank. I haven't written code in a very long time, except for creating a web site for my high school class ('60) about 15 years ago using CSS, HTML, and js. I have about forgotten all I learned during that process and quite a few things have changed; so I feel like I'm starting all over from scratch. There's been some good things added to both HTML and CSS, imo. The web has a lot more resources than it had back then, but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Not all the information is current and some of it is downright bad.
Anyway, thanks for reading this. Wish me luck as I try to create a web page for my parent's rather large family and all their descendants.
I'm certain to show up here with dumb questions from time to to time; so please be patient. The old brain cells aren't as good as they once were.

aa

Back