What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

I Can't Ping my Raspberry Pi

I am trying desperately to set Pi-Hole up but can't connect to my Pi via SSH. I can plug it into a video source and it will connect like that but I can't ping it. I was initially on a public network (unbeknownst to me, but I changed that to a private one and still have no joy. Any ideas?

C:\Windows\system32>ping raspberrypi

Pinging raspberrypi.cable.virginm.net [xx.xxx.xxx.24] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for xx.xxx.xx.24:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Windows\system32>

Have you plugged it into a screen to see if all is OK on Raspian? It could also be an issue with your network that's stopping it; like a firewall.

Have you plugged it into a screen to see if all is OK on Raspian? It could also be an issue with your network that's stopping it; like a firewall.
This was exactly the experience that I had on my own which I later figured out that it was a problem with my network and I had to fix it. Once I have already done that, it started working very well.

Back